Find reviews of kites, boards and accessories
dandamangs
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: Ozone
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby dandamangs » Fri Dec 09, 2005 6:36 pm

OzBungy wrote:
frederics wrote: I suspect the answer will be that the depower is sufficient for riding in "normal" conditions but we will need to use a conventional leash for safety in extreme conditions. The hard part is that it is too easy to ride in extreme conditions on a bow kite and not realize that they are extreme.
Perfect! I agree completely! That's what is always being overlooked. Less experienced kiters are going to ride these kites in dangerous situations and not even realize it, until it is too late....

panchito
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby panchito » Fri Dec 09, 2005 7:38 pm

dandamangs wrote:
OzBungy wrote:
frederics wrote: I suspect the answer will be that the depower is sufficient for riding in "normal" conditions but we will need to use a conventional leash for safety in extreme conditions. The hard part is that it is too easy to ride in extreme conditions on a bow kite and not realize that they are extreme.
Perfect! I agree completely! That's what is always being overlooked. Less experienced kiters are going to ride these kites in dangerous situations and not even realize it, until it is too late....
You read my mind :-?

ThomasC
Rare Poster

Postby ThomasC » Fri Dec 09, 2005 7:50 pm

So you're saying we should go back to 2 line kites without release, so that our sport would be safer?

solo flight
Frequent Poster

Postby solo flight » Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:43 pm

Already we saw people learning in far too strong winds on Xbows at our beaches.Wipeouts are sometimes massive as they tend to cling on to the bar if things go amiss.They swiftly travel a fairly long distance downwind
something to bear in mind when You spot them

mark van haze
Very Frequent Poster

Postby mark van haze » Fri Dec 09, 2005 11:33 pm

The bar is pretty standard best bar except that it has way more depower line length until you get to the depower itself.

The sonic bar will work fine on the waroo, as stated before, you will have to adjust line lengths.

The waroo definately has more bridle connection points and less struts than the sonic. Overall my opinion is that the waroo has the better bridle system. The kite is a lot more stable in under and overpowered conditions.

The trim on the waroo is different - sensitivity seems less on the waroo than on the sonic. Because the waroo has a fixed depower system, you cant really oversheet the kite like you can on the sonic. However, this also limits the depowerability to a certain extent. It does have more pull on the chickenloop when letting the bar completely go, than the sonic. Still nothing to be worried about in super gusts.

Cant comment on the stopper ball, there was none on the protos i flew.

gdorfman
Medium Poster

Postby gdorfman » Sat Dec 10, 2005 2:25 am

to be clear, you comments about limited depower are purely a function of the bar, not the kite right?

GAZZABA
Medium Poster

Postby GAZZABA » Sun Dec 11, 2005 3:01 am

panchito wrote:
dandamangs wrote:
OzBungy wrote: Perfect! I agree completely! That's what is always being overlooked. Less experienced kiters are going to ride these kites in dangerous situations and not even realize it, until it is too late....
The optimist would say that any given bow kite is safer in more varried range of conditions.

No kite is safe as no car is safe however better performance helps.

Ride smart/Ride safe

GAZZABA
Medium Poster

Postby GAZZABA » Sun Dec 11, 2005 3:02 am

panchito wrote:
dandamangs wrote:
OzBungy wrote: Perfect! I agree completely! That's what is always being overlooked. Less experienced kiters are going to ride these kites in dangerous situations and not even realize it, until it is too late....
The optimist would say that any given bow kite is safer in more varried range of conditions.

No kite is safe as no car is safe however better performance helps.

Ride smart/Ride safe

mark van haze
Very Frequent Poster

Postby mark van haze » Mon Dec 12, 2005 12:03 am

yes, the depower is limited by the bar, not by the kite.

Return to “Reviews”