All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 8:03 am 
Rare Poster

sq225917 wrote:
he 'should' get the kites mid january, he 'will' get the kites when each size is totally approved and signed off.

we don't sign all the kites off at once, each one is signed off when it is perfect, so some sizes will be available before others.

mark von haze saying he flew a prototype, only means that at the time he flew it the decision had not been made to sign off on that particular kite. it could be the case that the following day the kite was put into production.

Basically this reads"we had to wait for Globerider to get the 8 and 14 Sonics out so we can copy and phot shop them as well"

is anybody really this stupid......... :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 9:31 am 
Very Frequent Poster

Boardwiser wrote:
gumball wrote:
Many of the Waroo sizes have been approved for production and demo kites are being sent out to dealers and reps shortly, but our commitment to excellence ensures that we don't approve a kite until it is perfect.

:lol: what a joke, pissed myself. Hellfire ? I really hope no one has pre ordered one of these kites, can anyone be that stupid twice in one year. Instead of comparing a proto to a production model why don't we just wait to see if it every makes it onto the shelves in production form. Then test to your hearts content but to test a Sonic and draw comparisons production against a prototype seems pointless and a waste of time.

I saw (didn't ride) the Waroos 7 and 9 in Taiba last week. They look very nice and stable.
If you ask me I found that Alex jumped higher (very high!) on the Yarga pro 9m then on the Waroo 9m. But it looked very nice.

ps: I ride Sonics

Frank.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 2:28 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

boardwiser, eh yeh,apparently, you are....

:wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 6:22 pm 
Medium Poster

sq225917 wrote:
if every feature change to a kite took six months to test, kites would take ten years to develope.

I was not talking about features, but about eavy stress usage done by different type of users and weather conditions, like on snow as we are doing now. The HF had problems because the features had been tested, but wasn't enough and the kite is not flying. You should also consider that bow is a new project and tests are mandatory.

GK is developing products in Mauritius iland with 300days wind and all companies are developing in windy places, but still stress testing and in 2006 GK will have a rock product for sure. :thumb:

Post subject: Waroo Bar on GK Sonic
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 9:47 am 
Medium Poster

Will the Waroo bar work with the GK Sonic and the other way round?

Cheers.Fritz

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 11:06 am 
Very Frequent Poster

fritz,i have no idea.

but let's be honest a bar is a bar, unless of course its an over engineered piece of shit with pulleys.

Post subject: -
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 12:09 pm 
Medium Poster

@sq:

well, actually "a bar is not a bar"... 8)

apparently the TD bar does not seem to work with the Sonic.
as I am very interested why some bars seem to work and others do not with the new bow/flat kites, I think that`s only a fair question to ask!

Quote:
unless of course its an over engineered piece of shit with pulleys.

hm, the TD bar does not seem to be "over engineered". actually just the right effort of engineering was put into it! :D - most of all: depower system (two lines) with the active stopper ball and chicken loop and quick release. also I like the idea of a donkey dick that is still movable in temperatures below zero while snowkiting.

SQ-> could you please tell "some, any, just a bit" info about the stopper ball of the waroo bar?

only so that people know that some idea of that bar exists! ;)

actual pictures would be nice!

happy new one!
fritz

PS:
don't get me wrong: I am very interested in the waroo and its bar. It`s just that Best has had some "engineering issues" in the past...
when will the waroo hit the market?
what sizes first?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 1:13 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

The size looks to be the 9 for shure as it's the most developed one! The other will follow shortly in a matter of weeks!
I think 9 and 7 will be the first ones to be ready.

[ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4