Waroo vs Sonic part2

Find reviews of kites, boards and accessories
gumball
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby gumball » Tue Dec 13, 2005 2:53 pm

Many of the Waroo sizes have been approved for production and demo kites are being sent out to dealers and reps shortly, but our commitment to excellence ensures that we don't approve a kite until it is perfect. All the Waroos are being tested extensively by our kite designer Peter Steiwe, the Best Team and as many regular kiters as possible (our valued customers both present and future including Mark as he's provided us with some excellent feedback and suggestions) down in Brazil. Final modifications are being made to all sizes and the Waroo will be available in early 2006, well before the snow melts and the water gets warm. Rest assured, the Waroo is the Best flat kite on the market in all sizes with amazingly light bar pressure, insane jumping and hangtime, maximum safety and an ultra responsive ride.

omg
Very Frequent Poster

Postby omg » Tue Dec 13, 2005 4:04 pm

Gumball, we'll rest assured :P

BUT, I received info from my dealer that they should be getting the first batch of Waroos in mid Jan. Is this right AND will you make adjustments to the second or later batches? No matter how desperately I want to get the kites but still I don't want to be a guinea pig and get the kite with lapuses on it if you know what I mean.

Cheers and thanks :bye:

sq225917
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1996
Local Beach: Cleethorpes, Hunstanton, Lytham
Gear: Eleveight and Flysurfer

Postby sq225917 » Tue Dec 13, 2005 5:53 pm

omg, the word you should take notice of in the dealer statement is 'should'..

he 'should' get the kites mid january, he 'will' get the kites when each size is totally approved and signed off.

we don't sign all the kites off at once, each one is signed off when it is perfect, so some sizes will be available before others.

mark von haze saying he flew a prototype, only means that at the time he flew it the decision had not been made to sign off on that particular kite. it could be the case that the following day the kite was put into production.

Worldtraveler
Rare Poster

Postby Worldtraveler » Tue Dec 13, 2005 8:16 pm

and "it could be the case" :D

so I have to look for another solution for my winter kiteholiday! still looking forward to check out the waroo - it looks great and I decided to trust in marks words. :wink:

sq225917
Very Frequent Poster

Postby sq225917 » Wed Dec 14, 2005 12:21 am

world traveler, well spotted, you've done this before haven't you?

Worldtraveler
Rare Poster

Postby Worldtraveler » Wed Dec 14, 2005 9:49 am

@sq225917, lets put it this way: some of my braincells still seem to work - sometimes.

lesbian horse
Very Frequent Poster

Postby lesbian horse » Wed Dec 14, 2005 4:10 pm

aus season will be finishing up. bl best too slow.

bekite
Medium Poster

BEST tests?

Postby bekite » Thu Dec 15, 2005 2:19 pm

Well tested like HellFish?
It takes 6 month to well test a new product and we are testing SONIC since September. See our italian test tour here http://www.bekite.com/TestTour0506.htm and actually a lot test is done on snow! :bye: from Italy

sq225917
Very Frequent Poster

Postby sq225917 » Thu Dec 15, 2005 8:27 pm

if every feature change to a kite took six months to test, kites would take ten years to develope.

the first basic versions or any new construction are tested heaveily for extended periods of time, each alteration after that gets the testing it needs.

changing the canopy profile might only take a day for you to find it's right.. as it just chnages the cut of the kite.

changing the flying line attachments to a different stitch pattern would take much longer.....as they have to last for the life of the kite.

it depends on the adjustment made.

one of the great things about the r&d for best being done in brazil is that it's 20-25knots all day every day...

Boardwiser
Rare Poster

Postby Boardwiser » Tue Dec 20, 2005 7:50 am

[quote="gumball"]Many of the Waroo sizes have been approved for production and demo kites are being sent out to dealers and reps shortly, but our commitment to excellence ensures that we don't approve a kite until it is perfect.

:lol: what a joke, pissed myself. Hellfire ? I really hope no one has pre ordered one of these kites, can anyone be that stupid twice in one year. Instead of comparing a proto to a production model why don't we just wait to see if it every makes it onto the shelves in production form. Then test to your hearts content but to test a Sonic and draw comparisons production against a prototype seems pointless and a waste of time.

Return to “Reviews”