All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: Waroo vs. Rapture II
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 2:32 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Has anyone had some experience on these two kites (12m if possible), how do they compare, pros & cons?

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 2:49 pm 
Rare Poster

Interesting match up, Rap II will no doubt be a tough act to follow.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 4:58 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

ANyone have review of 2009 ford focus vs 1987 sierra?

Honestly the kite isnt on the market yet, I really doubt your going to get a review.

This forum is where you post reviews btw.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 8:15 pm 
Frequent Poster

A local rider at my beach has a rapture2 now. I am waiting for the new Waroo as I did test the Protype Waroo 9M iin Brazil last October. I will post the comparison review soon once I get to test the new Waroo and Rapture2 back to back...
Just got news that a 12M ONE Ocean Rodeo will be sent to me for testing.
I will post the review when I get back from our trip to La Ventana in Jan 2.

Cheers,
Kinsley Wong
http://XtremeBigAir.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 1:06 am 
Medium Poster

Both these companies offer a 30 day guarantee! If it's warm and windy where you are and yo got the do$h, order both and send the one you don't like back! I have not ridden kites from either of these companies but I was really rooting for WindWing until I saw the review of the Waroo proto from Mark Van Haze. Who knows? Both probably great kites in slightly diferent ways.
Looking foreward to more reviews :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 4:58 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Any news about this comparison? I purchased a 9m Rap2 and became a big fan of it, however I will need a larger SLE flat kite in the near future and would like to hear some independent feedback on how the Waroo (or Sonic, since they seem to be identical) compares to the WW Rap2.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 5:20 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Aeberl,
I also have Rap2 9M I really like the kite and have it setup as a one pump. I never thought the one pump was a big issue, but when its cold it really is a pleasure. I'm also looking to get a bigger flat kite, I'm planning on the Rap2 16.5 I may be wrong but I don't think the Waroo or the Sonic are a comparable kite to the Rap2 They don't appear to be as flat and don't have the split struts, it looks like the Waroo and Sonic may be very similar. The build quality of my Rap2 is very good and I'm very happy with the kite, the price is also very good, so it will be very difficult for me not to buy the 16.5 but I would love to hear a unbiased comparison.

X

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 7:00 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

I have tried the 9, 12 and 16,6 Rap2's and for budgetary reasons settled for only the 9m. I have only flown the 16,5 for a couple of hours and it was the first bow kite I have tried. Found it to be a little slow in the turns and lacked the direct feel of the 9. Do not take this opinion too seriously, it all may just be a matter of setup and enough time to get used to the different behavior of these kites.
I am so happy with the 9 I will not change it for any other kite in its class, will ride it to shreads!
Would like to hear a comparison before making up my mind for a light wind tool.

[ 8 posts ]