Larger BOW and SLE Kites

Find reviews of kites, boards and accessories

ed257
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

Larger BOW and SLE Kites

Postby ed257 » Mon Jan 16, 2006 6:23 pm

We are hearing some reports on the small-medium sizes, but has anyone ridden any of the larger (16+) new Bow style or SLE kites:

- OR One

- Best Waroo

- Slings

- WW Rap II

- Shockwave

etc.

We need some unbiased performance feedback on these kites.

Thanks,

Ed

aeberl
Very Frequent Poster

Postby aeberl » Mon Jan 16, 2006 6:56 pm

I have riden the WW Rap2 16.5m but I must say that it was the first time I hooked into a bow type kite.
1.- The 16.5m Rap2 behaves totally different to the equivalent C kite (I would guess 18m) and it takes time to get used to it, time I did not have.
2.- The little time I spend on this kite I felt it turned somewaht slow and lacked the direct feel of the C-kites I was used to.
3.- Power and range are obviously mutch better than with C-kites.
4.- Lacks the grunt at low speed that helps you to get out of the water, but has plenty of power when ridden at high boardspeeds.

In the mean time I purchased a 9m Rap2 and allready accumulated some 20 hours on it. It kook me about that time to propperly tune the kite, my bar and to adapt to the new behavior of the kite. I am shure the same is the case with the 16.5, I just have little use for sutch a kite arround here and did not bother to figure it out in detail.

CARMELHILL
Rare Poster

Postby CARMELHILL » Wed Jan 18, 2006 4:45 am

I ordered the Waroo 20 but they said it was still in final testing becasue they wanted to get teh smaller kites finalized for production in China. They said the smaller kites will ship in Febraury but the 20 won't probably ship until March or possibly early April.

I had to get my Cabrinha Contra 23.5 fixed until the Waroo 20 arrives.

Dam it.

Tom183
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Tom183 » Wed Jan 18, 2006 5:32 am

CARMELHILL wrote:I ordered the Waroo 20 but they said it was still in final testing becasue they wanted to get teh smaller kites finalized for production in China. They said the smaller kites will ship in Febraury but the 20 won't probably ship until March or possibly early April.

BEST letting a ship date slip? UNHEARD OF!!!

CARMELHILL
Rare Poster

Postby CARMELHILL » Wed Jan 18, 2006 5:57 am

I called them becasue I was hoping to receive it before a March vacation. And the guy was only giving me his best guess.

I hate when they advertise something that won't be available for another 4 months.

ed257
Very Frequent Poster

Postby ed257 » Wed Jan 18, 2006 6:08 pm

CARMELHILL wrote:I called them becasue I was hoping to receive it before a March vacation. And the guy was only giving me his best guess.

I hate when they advertise something that won't be available for another 4 months.

It would be nice if they posted videos of these kites being tested and demod so you could at least see how they perform in the hands of pro riders.

The two largest bow kites that I have seen are the Crossbow 16 and the Sonic 14. Both are great with awesome range, but I would like to see some of the others before parting with my $$$.

Return to “Reviews”