All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: french regulation of release force 10kg(20lb)
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 8:06 pm 
Rare Poster

...posted this reply to the topic: shockwave 9 review. But again cause I really don`t understand such a bullshit

who the hell is coming up with such a stupid regulation? :duh:
I still guess that the performer of this law has never been kiting or understanding the different solutions to activate a safety-release.

What do you think? Isn´t it a difference if you have to grap onehanded a release at the CL and in opposite to push the bar with both hands away???

...Surely, it is!!! a big difference.

With the force of your arms your probably able to push 20 or 30 (or more) kg (40-60 lb) easily. ...by having the advantage not loosing time while grabbing onehanded any release at CL.

If they want to do a regulation in order to prevent accidents, they should know about this sport at all and the function of the different systems and the worth of it.

conclusion: with their regulation they kill the "real safe-systems" ...stupid!

:bye: schiffi

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 10:44 pm 
Medium Poster

Maybe.

I don't know all the details but if I understand it right I don't see a problem.

You can have a chicken loop quick release with a 10kg release force AND a punch up release system.
I think it's what they already do, don't they? (F-one, ocean rodeo...)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 2:01 am 
Very Frequent Poster

i reckon its good. some releases are just stupid.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 5:29 am 
Very Frequent Poster

I think all of the new lower effort chicken loop releases are a very important improvement. With 5th line kites you are more likely to use it.

The old systems, I am familar with the 03-05 naish could take a bit of effort and needed two hands to release under a heavy load.

The 10kg stopper ball on the bow kites seems silly. but the other stuff is a good improvement.
:thumb:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:41 am 
Medium Poster

Not that I'm really concerned, but I guess the 10 kgs don't correspond to the human force needed, but to the pressure the bar meeting the stopper if released.
Meaning if you get in danger loosing the bar, the stopper will release.

The 30kg one means you need to be conscious of what is going on and hands on bar.
I only have one example I met; A girl coming back from a session in high winds, tripped on something in the water (she had water to her knees) she fell and let go of the bar. In this case she was with a nova (who doesn't have any stopper let's be realistic), with a 10kg stopper the bar would have releassed too, with a 30kg it might have not...

This said, I think I would prefer the 30 kg one since the only time I tried the shockwave I kept releasing the stopper which was extremely annoying as with the nova.

[ 5 posts ]