Find reviews of kites, boards and accessories
trab1925
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Need Review for the powerfoil 4.0

Postby trab1925 » Tue Feb 28, 2006 4:21 am

I ordered a powerfoil 4.0 and I want to know if the review is good or not?

trab1925
Rare Poster

Postby trab1925 » Fri Mar 03, 2006 3:48 am

Well I recieved my kite today. I have never flown before and I think it was pretty awesome my self. I know it's not the best but I really didn't have many problems at all. For how big it is (about 12 and a half feet) it's really not that bad to learn on. I learned today in about less than 10 mille an hour winds. I am 6 foot 170 pounds and it was pulling pretty hard. It was kinda hard to keep it up sometimes, only because of the wind. I quickly learned how to work with the window and the power spot and what not. It was really fun though, I am offically obsessed and I will hope tomarrow is more blue skys. I would recomend this to any learner that's over 140 pounds. I still have A LOT more to learn about them but so far it was awesome!!

The bar wasn't to bad, the only thing the grips slide some but not hard to fix with masking tap under them. The strings seamed alright, the kite seamed fine, no problems at all. It did absolutly awesome in the gusts to about 12 mph. I think it will be awesome in higher winds. It was already better than I thought.

oneeyedfranc
Rare Poster

Re: NEED REVIEW for the powerfoil 4.0

Postby oneeyedfranc » Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:35 am

i've had 3 of those babies and i flew them until u couldn't fly them any more. great kites! i recommend using straps because i need a pair of those bars to make a new pair of quad handles. any idea where i can get them? i've got a b2 slingshot bar i'd be willing to trade u for ur's...

Francis Kintz
214 Dolores St
San Francisco, CA 94103
(415) 255-6715 / 251-5856

thumbtack.com/sf-kite-instructor
http://www.picturesocial.com/profile/FrancisKintz
Incoming!.jpg
Incoming!.jpg (38.02 KiB) Viewed 1308 times

Return to “Reviews”