bazaldinho
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Flexi Ion Question

Postby bazaldinho » Wed Apr 12, 2006 11:09 pm

Hey,

Can you still launch the ion by attaching the chicken loop to something and resting the kite on its tip at the edge of the window like actual bows seeing as though its kinda imbetween a c/bow kite?

Is the one pump pretty much the slingy system?

Howz this going to compare to flexi's fairly new fusion that hadlow is ripping on in the video clip on flexi's web site?

The review kicking around on the web says it doesn't depower full on like bows on the market already but it still depowers way more than standard c's when you let go of the bar right?

I'm 68kg so a 15m is gonna be like a 16/17 to me right? I usually find big kites tend to truck away down wind with me( I haven't used to many new kites, I do understand edging technique is a little diff with them) where as I can hold heaps of power locked in tight on my smaller kites, are these bow style kites less likely to do this?

Cheers

Baz :thumb:

HelldogBE
Very Frequent Poster

Postby HelldogBE » Thu Apr 13, 2006 3:12 pm

Probably getting a 9-15quiver for me at 60-65kg's, I suppose it will still depower enough so that it will go upwind more bow-like (depower enough so that u can ride the board rather flat upwind)

I think u can still power it up loads and edge it with everything you've got but it just won't be as efficient as cruising upwind :!: (from what I've read)

Just as curious as u are

Greets,

Helldog

nyckiteboarder
Medium Poster

Postby nyckiteboarder » Fri Apr 14, 2006 2:04 pm

http://www.oceanextremesports.com is doing a demo on the ion this weekend. you might want to direct your questions towards Pat and/or Daryl there as they are quite reputable. you won't get a bunch of silly hype from them as they try to be unbiased. they sell all major brands. (i have no affiliation to them. i have just had good experiences when dealing with them).

Return to “Reviews”