All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 14 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:00 pm 
Rare Poster

Hi Bern Dogg,

Maybe spray some silicon spray on that swivel... I have no issues with that as I have a spinning and pivoting spreader bar on my harness.

Su Kay
http://www.suk.co.nz
http://www.decaykiteboards.co.nz

Post subject: Re: Review: Ozone Instinct
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 12:36 am 
Rare Poster

mark van haze wrote:

Due to its spanline and rigid feel in the air, I can only guess that in gusty winds, the kite will not invert or do weird things but I dont think its going to be a nice sight when the instinct flips over, the multitude of lines will make it a nicely wrapped package.
Construction is rock solid, no complaints here.
Overall I think the best way to describe the instinct is, its like driving a mercedes. Comfortable, solid, powerful when you want it but not an exciting "pedal to the metal" sportscar.

Excellent review from Mark, I agree with everything you've said. I can add that I was recently out with my Instinct 11m with wind around 12-13m/s with gusts 15m/s. I felt no problem of being too much overpowered. After a crash landing and getting my head above the sea level again I saw the "nicely wrapped package" as Mark was afraid of - kite fallen down and flipped over, lines messed around. To my big surprise it was no problem at all. Playing with the leader lines helped the kite somehow to sort the mess out and after few seconds the kite hot-launched, all lines OK. When the wind got stronger, I took my 2005 7m North Vegas for comparison and what a blast it was! It is exactly the comparison of parking away the Mercedes and going out with Porche. So, Instinct is very nice kite and I am very happy with it. However, I shall not get rid of my true C-shape Vegas to enjoy more "sporty" ride during high wind days. It is Instinct's smoothness and floaty flying feeling versus sensation of being rudely whiped into the air you can get from good old C-kite.
Regards,
Toomas

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 9:09 pm 
Frequent Poster

The swivel in my I13 bar also doesnt spin... and I kow another person who has the same problem... There are some issues about this swivel, but not in all the bars... A friend of mine has two instincts and both swivels works perfectly!

Post subject: swivel
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:16 pm 
Rare Poster

I have posted her before about this swivel - it is almost my only problem with this kite (except the dull colour scheme - black shows up the dust too).

This swivel simply doesn't! Please can the ozone R&D team look into this. I have to land on the beach about every 20 mins and rotate it with 2 hands till it is back to factory. I know that looping in the opposite direction would fix it - but then why bother putting a swivel on it if you NEED to loop in the opposite direction???

I am not too sure yet of the adjustable back line system on the bar - it seems to slip, another great idea that would perhaps benefit from a little tweak here and there.

Nice bar pressure and feel from the kite - without usual arm yanking that I have grown to love and respect!

:lol: :lol:

[ 14 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2