Find reviews of kites, boards and accessories
cabron
Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby cabron » Tue Sep 05, 2006 8:56 pm

sounds like a nice board!

Two things:

1) does the board excel in wakestyle as well, I mean how's the pop when doing no-whip tricks (kite low)?

2) how wide is the stance when set at its widest? Distance between the straps' inner screws? 44cm?

Thanks for the feedback :thumb: :thumb:

KJX
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby KJX » Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:38 pm

Hey Cabron,

1. I find the pop is excellent. Since it's a wide board, landings will give a healthy "slap" on the water but the board is light.

2. Not sure, I've only used the middle binding stance.

In general, it's a super fun board to ride.

The Right Stuff
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2004
Gear: kites and boards

Re: Spleen Session 41

Postby The Right Stuff » Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:22 pm

KJX wrote:I have previously been ridden Liquid FOrce Drops, and WLF's. Lightwave FR2, Gasstra, Underground FLX, Cabrinha, and aggression boards.
Nice review.

Don't want to get too picky here, but what do you figure your low end was for the WLF and Agression (what model)? Did you lose anything with the Spleen?

lalawyer
Frequent Poster

Postby lalawyer » Wed Sep 13, 2006 6:01 pm

Im interested in this board as well. Have an Agression Super Phatty 132x46 which planes well, but due to its minimal rocker and short length I have problems pearling in chop. Im thinking the 141 might be better.

Any comments re: chop?

KJX
Medium Poster

Postby KJX » Wed Sep 20, 2006 2:41 pm

Right Stuff: I think the low end is about the same for an aggression board (similar size), based on your weight. I dare to say a bit better. But the aggression is a board I have only ridden a few times (a good friend that I ride with uses an aggression as his only board and I've used it about 4 times).
I think the quality/durability of aggression is not as good as Underground or Slpeene as my friends board is pretty beat up relative to the amount it's been ridden. (But maybe it's the rider too!)

As for the WLF...I think the Sesions definetly has a couple of knots less for low end. I think the WLF is nice, but too heavy and too much rocker for me in low wind. Sessions is simply way more fun to ride relative to the WLF. If the wind picks up, the WLF is awkward but the speelen is solid up to 20 knots or so. It's just lighter, more agile, more flexible, more Fun.

LaLaw: It''s really nice and quite surprising in chop, much better than an FLX (similar size), in my opinioin, and far better than I had expected. I love the FLX, don't get me wrong, it's also a sweet board but I have grown to like the speene more. It's hard to describe ... I think it's because the sessions is more flexible.
The only thing, as mentioned, is the occasional splash that hits you in the face sometimes. I guess if you use only one set of fins (or no fins) this goes away, but it ins't enough to bother me that much and it is, as mentioned, occasional...seems like you've got to hit the chop at just the right angle for the splash.

tplowe56
Frequent Poster

Postby tplowe56 » Wed Sep 20, 2006 3:49 pm

I have the Session 141 also. One big plus is that it just fits in a NSI Deceiver bag. When I travel I take the Session, a high wind board, & 2 bow kites and I can cover just about any wind condition. I think the Session at 141 cm is about the longest length that will fit in a Deceiver bag.

screven
Very Frequent Poster

Postby screven » Mon Sep 25, 2006 8:58 pm

Update:

Just got back for a session on very big washtub chop with the Session 41. The board did surprizingly well in these unfriendly conditions. I was expecting to catch my tip more and did not. There were 5' swells mixed with lots of chop and the wind was 15-24mph....PL V16 kite.

I also had a chance to use it in ~9mph winds with my locomod Blade 10.5 and it kept me up wind with no problems. (I'm 155lbs)

Very versitile board!

Chris

Return to “Reviews”