Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

WANTED: Turbo Diesel, LF M-80 Review or comparison

Postby MeafordBoarder » Mon Nov 06, 2006 4:49 am

Could someone please help me?

I am getting either a 12m Slingshot Turbo Diesel or Liquid Force M-80

I need advice as to which one to get.

I am a beginning rider but am progressing quickly and need something which can last me.

I am 135 Lbs, Like Big air, will be doing mostly flat with occaisonal small wave riding, in lighter winds.

I havent been able to find any mention anywhere about the M-80's air, hangtime etc. I have found info on the TD but I'd still like as much as I can get :lol:

Thanks anyone for the help

chipguy
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby chipguy » Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:38 am

Hey, I started with a 12m M-80 and then bought a 14m TD for my lightwind kite. I find you need quite a bit of wind (20+ knots) to get upwind with the 12m M80, especially if you wanna jump. Can't comment on anything bigger.

My advice would be to go with the TD. The range and depower you have on a bow is a huge help. A 12m TD is equivalent to at least a 15m C Kite but you can depower it like a 9m C. It's like your riding 3 C-kites at once. When I learned on C's I would often feel out of control and find it hard to slow down. The switch to a bow was like night and day, I have never once felt out of control or unsafe on my TD. Also, it boosts big and is quick to relaunch without the pain of a 5th line.

Anyways thats my two cents. The M80 is a good kite but like any C Kite you need a full quiver of them to cover the wind ranges. If you can only get 1 kite opt for a bow.

Return to “Reviews”