All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: TorchIII v Vegas06/07 or Rebel v Link - your views?
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:02 am 
Rare Poster

Hi there
I'm ready for a kite change, very excited, but I don't get too much chance to go test kites, especially to do comparatives on the same day. So I wanted to hear from anyone who has views on the above kites.

I've been told the Vegas is a bit softer that TorchIII. I'm still flying an X4'04, so all the kites I've tried have felt a bit soft, but I suppose I need to get used to that?

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject: RE: Soft?
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 5:07 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

What do you mean by soft?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:46 am 
Rare Poster

I was referring to the spike in power delivery when pulling the kite through the power window, eg when jumping. Some guys talk about a spongey/elastic vs immediate response. Hope this makes sense?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 8:53 pm 
Medium Poster

Get the new Rocket 07 by Sof-x. It is much better than the x4 on turning speed and depower and it has bigger wind range that the X4.
If you want a softer kite then you can also get the Tornado 07

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:48 am 
Rare Poster

Don't know about the others but have now had a few sessions on the small Vegas 07's.

At a place called Gwithian yesterday on the 10m with a 5'5" SRT, in 12-15' waves. My Jaw hurts this morning from the stupid grin i had from the moment i left the water at 3pm.

The vegas made what i did possible in a way my old Fuels never could. In 26knt gusty winds, that were increasing all the time throughout my 2hr session. there is no way i could have dropped into waves that size without the depower this style of kite gives.

I'm not converted to North, i'm converted to full de-power c-kites.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 2:43 pm 
Frequent Poster

I like the Torch 3 more because it has a lot of depower, hangtime, easy unhooking, and pop. Thats is the stuff i look for as a freestyle rider. The torch 3 is the #1 freestyle kite. I dont Know taht much about North kites but the vegas is a good surf kite and it has a lot of depower.

I know what you mean about softer because i only ride c kites and when i started trying hybrids and bows it was a much different feeling. they are much smoother and have more depower.

If anyone would be looking for a bow or hybrid i'd reccomend the Best 07 Waroos and all the Ozone water Kites. Ozone instinct 06 has great hangtime. all the new ozone are rele good too the Edge was my fav massive hangtime. Best and Ozone water kites have massive windranges as well to there depower.

[ 6 posts ]