All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: unhooked riding ozone instinct sport
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:32 pm 
Rare Poster

hello everyone.
i am ready for the next step in riding, flying unhooked. could anyone pleaes shed some light on how to setup the kite for this and how i should best start doing it? i ride a 13m instinct sport, is that too much kite to fly unhooked? will it be very difficult to hold onto the bar while flying? also, where should i attach my safety. thanks in advance. i attached a picture i took at my local spot (argh).

Attachments:
no kiting.jpg
no kiting.jpg [ 160.78 KIB | Viewed 1257 times ]
{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject: unhooked
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:04 pm 
Rare Poster

Hi,

No fear - I am in your position and trying unhooked for the 1st time too. Get upwind by normal method, pull depower quite far down (to get started anyway), leash onto the red flag on the sport (ensure that the velcro doesn't stop the loop from pulling), pull out the dick - then get ready!

Bear a bit downwind pull the bar down and rotate out of the loop. Yes there is plenty of pull and it will feel strange! try heading upwind again - maybe try some surfing moves!

Then when tired/scared - the hard part and something that probably gets easier with practice - pull the bar down and try hard to get hooked back in. I found this hard and a bit hit & miss.

Hope that helps and good luck!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:38 am 
Rare Poster

cool man. i thougth the enitre unhooked community was neglecting me. i was out all day today and was too afraid to try it. will give it a try. thanks again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:24 pm 
Medium Poster

ye the other day i met a guy called ned who changed my lines to ride unhooked, beared down wind a bit , unhooked, and pulled off a raley for first time, then few mins later pulled of an s-bend!... trick to hooking back in is 2 have kite low and bear downwind i found :D enjoy like i did as he also let me try 2008 torch even though im 14! lmao

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:27 pm 
Medium Poster

oh ye forgot, i found out that its alot easier to attach ur leash to ur chicken loop..
its mayb a lil dangerous but it wont drop the kite out of the sky every time u let go of the bar,

[ 5 posts ]