All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Skywalker Pro Comp?
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:14 am 
Frequent Poster

may be going to get a 127x41, anyone have any reviews? I know its great, but what sets it apart? any info?

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject: Re: Skywalker Pro Comp?
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:54 pm 
Rare Poster

Don't think too much - go and buy it - You'll love this board.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:57 pm 
Frequent Poster

What is your bodywight and what kites do you own :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:52 am 
Medium Poster

the 127x42 is the sh*t. This board is amazing, the thing that sets it apart are the landings, this board makes everything so easy.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:39 am 
Frequent Poster

Okay, so I was debating buying a 127x42 for a long time, and then emailed Dimitri with my questions and he helped me out. A huge help. I ended up buying the 131x40 because I am 6'2" and weigh 195 lbs. I ride in often choppy conditions, and this was the board he advised me to get. I got it and rode in La Ventana for 6 days solid wind.

Let me make this clear. This board is absolutely AWESOME!!! It is the best board I have ever tried in my life. Hands down, no contest. I rode in conditions ranging from 30kts (overpowered a bit on 9metere) to 12 knots in waves (underpowered on 13m). This board is AMAZING. I am an intermediate rider, but this board was great for huge airs, (biggest of my life). Excellent pop and goes upwind like no other. Bindings are super comfy and it is very very light for how strong it is. Board offs were easy (although i didnt land very many because im not that good yet). Could hold down any gust and cut through chop no problem.

I heard things about people complaining about spray in face but I did not have any problems at all. People also talked about stance width, but for me I didnt feel uncomfortable at all. Maybe it is because im rather tall, who knows. I dont want to sound like Im selling this board, I am completely unaffiliated with eclipse and skywalker (sadly), but this board just made me so happy. I tried it back to back with Underground FLX 132 (which is pretty sweet) but the Skywalker Comp 131x40 was unrivaled. It is very forgiving for landings if you screw up a little, like on raleys and hard landings, easy on the knees, and was awesome in waves. I could not think of any negatives, just wished I could have more time on the water. Dimitri answered my questions and was very helpful in picking the right board.

The 127x42 is only supposed to be for winds 12-20kts. The 131x40 is much better for a 1 board quiver. Direct your questions to Dimitri, because he was very helpful. Definitely get one of these, you will be missing out if you dont...

[ 5 posts ]