All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: 8m Thruster from Eclipse
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:18 pm 
Rare Poster

Just got off the water from riding my new 8m Thruster,the winds were only about 20 mph and most people were on 12m,s but I wanted to try my new 8m out and I was not sorry.This kite like my 12m thruster performs very well and I had a blast, due to the speed of the kite, I could generate more than enough power to have all the fun I wanted. I am very happy with my decision to switch to Eclipse kites and, a few of the local,s that have tested my kites are going to switch to these kites.

Just to make one thing clear,the kites I flew before I bought my Thrusters are also great kites, I just think the Thrusters perform much better for my style of riding : the quality is very good and the customer service is by far the best I have come across in the industry."I am a happy kiter "

Greg

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject: Re: 8m Thruster from Eclipse
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:31 pm 
Rare Poster

I am thinking of getting some Thrusters and was wondering what your style of riding is?

Thanks!
Kevin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:39 pm 
Rare Poster

I like to just free ride combining wakestyle and old school riding ,as far as my style goes, the position of my body ,the way I do my tricks etc. it is hard to explain, I just know that the the Thrusters always seem to be where I want it when I try something.It is the best kite I have flown ,and it might or might not suit your style of riding ,but I would definately try one out ,,chances are you will buy one as they are great all round performers.

Greg

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:58 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

i was thinking of getting one of these kites in 8m
eclipse thruster and the royal era, but i dont know which one would be the better kite is.
hope you can tell me.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:11 pm 
Rare Poster

I have not ridden the Royals ,so can,t compare them, I can say that the Thruster is the best kite I have ridden,see if you can demo one somewhere, I have been letting my friends at our beach try mine out, and so far everyone that has tried mine likes them.

Greg

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 1:19 am 
Rare Poster

In addition on all that, I do use 2008 Thruster quiver since couple months now and those kite are amazing.

I experimented a 2007 Thruster quiver also last year. I did like them big time and was totaly satified of the performance and construction. Super fast - good depower - lot of air!!!!!

2008 Thruster are even better then 2007. Rock solid in the air, bar system has been improved, specially with the new safety line connection point.

Did demo couple other brand and seriously for those who didn't try the Thruster so far......shut down your computer and run for a try........you'll have good time.

OT

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:27 pm 
Rare Poster

I tried a friends Eclipse Thruster 14 the other day and loved it. Very fast. Big air. and great in the waves. The wind was 10 to 20 mph. Waves 4 to 6 feet. I weigh 200lbs. I have one on order.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:36 am 
Medium Poster

Don't forget the Nano's. I am waiting for a thruster, but the Nano 6 is awesome. I am in Maui, and it handles the gusts and the waves really well. I get good air with the Nano, I am afraid to see what happens when I get a thruster 8. As for the gusts, no worries, I usually set my bar knot in the middle and the back lines middle, and I haven't had any problems with being overpowered during the gusts. As for the thruster, I am excited to see how it handles. I am wondering what the high end of the thruster 8 is?

[ 8 posts ]