Core Kite Combat GT

Find reviews of kites, boards and accessories
Nukin
Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Core Kite Combat GT

Postby Nukin » Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:47 pm

Just do it is right, the carved/core bar is really slick and functional. I picked one up for my 9/13 SLE kites. The bar ends can be swiftly adjusted to change from 53cm to 43cm.

It has a push away quick release. I activated mine and it is easy to locate and reassemble. This bar does unswivel everything - unlike bars that use a mickey mouse swivel, the core bar never has tangled front lines and the swivel below the bar unswivels any twists in the dual depower line.

There is a pull/pull depower strap (easy to reach) that has more than enough depower for any SLE kite. Other nice things are the line winders & color coded bar (yellow/caution = left). The core bar has a y split on the front lines, for some reason, I felt like the kite turned quicker and climbed out of loops and downloops quicker. Not sure if it's the bar or what, but there is this statement on the CORE website:

Unique: this Bar enables every Kite to turn faster and to execute steering inputs. The deep "V" has, in contrast to the HD-Bar and most other Bars on the market, been made redundant.

kitezilla
Very Frequent Poster

Postby kitezilla » Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:36 pm

Is the bar, the chicken loop, and the line system shown in this link, the newest version?:

http://silver-mare.de/corecombatgt.aspx

It looks like the bar has the North-style micro-loop, but I don't see the hook on the chicken loop framework, that should hook into the micro-loop. Is it just a bad picture, not showing the hook?

Also, I have a question about the use of the 5th line which passes through the center of the axis swivel on the chicken loop framework. Can a front-line-reride safety line be substituted for this 5th line? For instance, could a kiter set up the Slingshot front line safety, so that it passes through the center of the axis swivel?

Also, does the new version of the chicken loop still have the little spring-loaded cleat, which prevents the 5th line from slipping back through the center of the axis swivel, until the button is pushed, allowing the line to slide back toward the kite?

If so, my next question is: How are those springs holding up in salt water? Any failures? At first glance, the spring appears to me to be the weak link in the very clever bar system. Is the spring made of stainless steel?

Another question I have is: Can a kiter safely add an adjustable-setting stopper ball to the power-line? I would prefer this set-up to that of the North-style micro loop and hook.

Who is the dealer in the US?

Nukin
Frequent Poster

Postby Nukin » Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:58 am

Is the bar, the chicken loop, and the line system shown in this link, the newest version?: that looks like the most recent version of the bar they offer and similar to the one I have
http://silver-mare.de/corecombatgt.aspx

It looks like the bar has the North-style micro-loop, but I don't see the hook on the chicken loop framework, that should hook into the micro-loop. Is it just a bad picture, not showing the hook?
You can see it in one of the pictures. The hook is a bit longer than the north but is nice because you can adjust the angle so you can hook into the micro loop riding toeside and twist the chicken loop around your harness.

Also, I have a question about the use of the 5th line which passes through the center of the axis swivel on the chicken loop framework. Can a front-line-reride safety line be substituted for this 5th line? For instance, could a kiter set up the Slingshot front line safety, so that it passes through the center of the axis swivel? The 5th line attaches to the front lines for safety. Cores sells a long 5th line which attaches to the kite or a mini 5th line that pulls the front lines when activated.

Also, does the new version of the chicken loop still have the little spring-loaded cleat, which prevents the 5th line from slipping back through the center of the axis swivel, until the button is pushed, allowing the line to slide back toward the kite? Yes

If so, my next question is: How are those springs holding up in salt water? Any failures? At first glance, the spring appears to me to be the weak link in the very clever bar system. Is the spring made of stainless steel? Everything looks super bomber, the spring is somewhat hidden but I would imagine all the guts inside are ss. I tested my safety and it was easy to activate and easy to reassemble. Also I had my bar laying in the sand pre launch and it does not seem to clog up at all with sand.
Another question I have is: Can a kiter safely add an adjustable-setting stopper ball to the power-line? I would prefer this set-up to that of the North-style micro loop and hook. The hook allows you to keep the bar pulled in and rest your arms so the end result is almost the same as a stopper. Or you could add a stopper. The dual depower line attaches to the the pull pull depower strap via separate bowline knots. You would simply undo both knots, add a stopper and retie. Or you could get a stopper like the one on the bladekites bar that has three holes - one for the mini 5th. I'm not a big fan of a stopper it would prevent depower if you could not push it away in a emergency. I like the hook system, though.

Who is the dealer in the US? Will pm you

xray
Very Frequent Poster
Favorite Beaches: Mauritius
Style: Freeride/wave
Gear: Pivot 5-8
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby xray » Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:50 am

I hate microloops because you're fixed and that with a kite on full power. With a stopper you have much more freedom. You've still got bar travel and you can fix the kite on any given power point.

Buzzy
Medium Poster

Postby Buzzy » Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:57 pm

Also, I have a question about the use of the 5th line which passes through the center of the axis swivel on the chicken loop framework. Can a front-line-reride safety line be substituted for this 5th line? For instance, could a kiter set up the Slingshot front line safety, so that it passes through the center of the axis swivel? The 5th line attaches to the front lines for safety. Cores sells a long 5th line which attaches to the kite or a mini 5th line that pulls the front lines when activated.

it is not really necessary, the ESp bar has a longe line on the vrituals fifth..it works good, of cuase with some work you could adjust a a front line safty and pass it trough the loop, but is not intended by His-tec´

Also, does the new version of the chicken loop still have the little spring-loaded cleat, which prevents the 5th line from slipping back through the center of the axis swivel, until the button is pushed, allowing the line to slide back toward the kite? Yes

no it does not have a clead on the fith only the HD bar has the ESP bar for the Core Combat does not have

Another question I have is: Can a kiter safely add an adjustable-setting stopper ball to the power-line? I would prefer this set-up to that of the North-style micro loop and hook. The hook allows you to keep the bar pulled in and rest your arms so the end result is almost the same as a stopper. Or you could add a stopper. The dual depower line attaches to the the pull pull depower strap via separate bowline knots. You would simply undo both knots, add a stopper and retie. Or you could get a stopper like the one on the bladekites bar that has three holes - one for the mini 5th. I'm not a big fan of a stopper it would prevent depower if you could not push it away in a emergency. I like the hook system, though.

yes, you can put a stopper to it, the slingshot and the north one works..I like the mocrohook much more, and one like the longer depower to have it as safty for less carnage when using a sucide leash

Who is the dealer in the US? Will pm you[/quote][/color

I am the venezuielan importer but i have a little base in miami and can sell you core kites and provide service, www.crudokite.com it is just spanish, but you can reach me at info@crudokite.com]

kitemovement
Medium Poster

Postby kitemovement » Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:31 pm

A couple of photos of the new Core Combat GT.

So far we weren't able to test it, due to the lack of decent wind.

First impressions:
- very well built
- easy relaunch
- fast
- stable

Soon a complete review of it in Kitemovement.com

flipper231
Very Frequent Poster

Postby flipper231 » Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:28 pm

Question...

I have a North Rhino 2008 that can be flown on 4 lines instead of 5. I was told not ot use the EVO bar since it grabs the 2 front lines (a bit like the F-One Bandit).

Does the Core bar pull on both front klines or only one? I read that the Rhino had to be flown on a bar with the safety pulling on one front line only, not two

The only other bar I consider would be the ROYAL righjt now.

Thanks for any insight

Nukin
Frequent Poster

Postby Nukin » Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:51 am

flipper231 wrote:Question...

I have a North Rhino 2008 that can be flown on 4 lines instead of 5. I was told not ot use the EVO bar since it grabs the 2 front lines (a bit like the F-One Bandit).

Does the Core bar pull on both front klines or only one? I read that the Rhino had to be flown on a bar with the safety pulling on one front line only, not two

The core will pull on both front lines. When you activate the safety, the mini 5th that runs through the middle of the bar connects to both front lines.

The only other bar I consider would be the ROYAL righjt now.

I had the royal bar before I switched to this one. It's a good bar - similar to the one from Best but with no mickey mouse ear swivel. At first I did not have any issues with the fronts tangling, but after several more sessions, my front lines would be twisted up. The royal bar also pulls on both front lines for safety
Thanks for any insight

Churino86
Rare Poster
Style: wakestyle / Surfing

Postby Churino86 » Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:07 am

Any news about the GT???

Looking at Core web page, no info is released yet :-?

Will be great if someone can review it :D !!!

Thanks

Manni
Medium Poster

Postby Manni » Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:32 pm

Hi kiter friends,

we have the Combat Gt in Cumbuco to test in our Hotel-Pousada, TropicalWind of Cumbuco, we are school, and testcenter of Core, com bay, we are located behind the Hotel Eco Paradise, a minute from the Center in Cumbuco.

call me when you here at cumbuco with you cell: 99825449

Greets Manni
manfreds@kiterspardise-cumbuco.com
http://www.kitersparadise-cumbuco.com/index_en.php

Return to “Reviews”