All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: 2009 Caution Kites Zombie
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 12:53 pm 
Rare Poster

I just received a 12 and 9 meter 2009 Caution Zombie to replace my quiver of 2008 Slingshot REVS. I was able to try the 12 meter in marginal gusty wind yesterday. I had a great session and really look forward to flying the Zombie in more wind.

The only previous experience I have is with the Slingshot REV and I use that as a basis for comparison. The standout characteristics of the Zombie are definitely its super smooth predictable turning and its upwind ability. Due to the gusty winds I was working the kite in the lulls to keep powered and I found the turning of the kite to be so smooth. The REV had a tendency to pinch and stall when turning in lighter winds and demanded more attention. The other thing that impressed me was the fact that I stayed upwind in the marginal conditions even while working the kite. The kite seemed to smooth the gusty winds very well. I never felt the really jerky pull that I sometimes feel with the REV in gusty winds.

My first impression was very positive and I will share my thoughts as I have more experience with the kite.

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject: Re: 2009 Caution Kites Zombie
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 4:04 pm 
Frequent Poster

Many thanks for this short review.Sounds very promising indeed. Let us know more once you have more time on the kite. Anybody been able to given the Mayhem X a good ride?

[ 2 posts ]