alefevre1999
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Cape Cod
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

2009 Caution Kites Zombie

Postby alefevre1999 » Sat Nov 01, 2008 12:53 pm

I just received a 12 and 9 meter 2009 Caution Zombie to replace my quiver of 2008 Slingshot REVS. I was able to try the 12 meter in marginal gusty wind yesterday. I had a great session and really look forward to flying the Zombie in more wind.

The only previous experience I have is with the Slingshot REV and I use that as a basis for comparison. The standout characteristics of the Zombie are definitely its super smooth predictable turning and its upwind ability. Due to the gusty winds I was working the kite in the lulls to keep powered and I found the turning of the kite to be so smooth. The REV had a tendency to pinch and stall when turning in lighter winds and demanded more attention. The other thing that impressed me was the fact that I stayed upwind in the marginal conditions even while working the kite. The kite seemed to smooth the gusty winds very well. I never felt the really jerky pull that I sometimes feel with the REV in gusty winds.

My first impression was very positive and I will share my thoughts as I have more experience with the kite.

dwarf
Very Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: 2009 Caution Kites Zombie

Postby dwarf » Sat Nov 01, 2008 4:04 pm

Many thanks for this short review.Sounds very promising indeed. Let us know more once you have more time on the kite. Anybody been able to given the Mayhem X a good ride?

Return to “Reviews”