rotopunch
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

ATV 9sm Fluid Kiteboarding

Postby rotopunch » Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:43 am

Hi All,

This week I test a new kite from Fluid Kitebording. The New ATV.

The construction looks good. There is a lot of reinforcements where we need it. A lot of attachement point to trim for freestyle or Freeride..., The kite is not too heavy. There is 4 pulley in the bridles. It is a kind of mix between a Cab and a Furia.

On the water. The kite is relly friendly. The performances are vey good. Good lift good pop. The bar feeling is more like a C-shape and it is easy to known where is the kite. Easy for unhock. A relly good cross over kite.

I don't have waves to test, but if you want, I will give you more informations latter

You can find pictures on the web site
http://www.fluidkiteboarding.com/

Have Fun

Nono

altona bum
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Altona
Favorite Beaches: Altona
Style: not hooked
Gear: Anything that works
Brand Affiliation: none

Re: ATV 9sm Fluid Kiteboarding

Postby altona bum » Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:42 pm

Tried the 7m ATV today in a gusty 22-28knots and loved it.

Felt like a C on the freestyle settings but didnt both trying it on the other settings it had, didnt have time.
Bar seems clean and simple.
Just did unhooked tricks on it but did everything well, had heaps of power for a 7 for the wind strength. Super easy relaunch but i guess all 7's should be super easy to relaunch. Im thinking of getting a 7 and 12.

Has anyone got a review on the 12m ATV?
I have seen a guy flying them at Altona Australia alot but havent had a chance to catch up with him for a try. He loops it alot seems to work well.
Anyone else tried them?
Any good or bad points?

DLUX
Rare Poster
Gear: Airush

Postby DLUX » Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:44 am

Been flying the Fluid ATV 9.5m kite and it is actually very good. . So far I have found it to have light to moderate bar pressure not heavy, very stable, massive range and depower, 9-10 for relaunch and excellent build quality. I saw some slow turning when I first rode it and was due to the setting I had it on (DOH!). I have had a few good sessions on it in light winds and it has a very good low end, I have yet to try it in some decent wind to get a feel for how it jumps though.

great moulded chicken loop with simple and easy to use/ reload safety, clean below the bar depower. there is also some very nice simple add ons that make it feel like lot of thought has gone into the design, like the balls on the lines so you dont get rope burn when you relaunch! there are also plenty of attachment points to tune the kite to give it the feel you like.

i will take some pics over the weekend and write a more detailed review. i think this company will turn into a big contender.

FLUID KITES
Rare Poster
Local Beach: i get around
Favorite Beaches: Altona
Style: bit of everything
Gear: All Fluid Kites
Brand Affiliation: Fluid kiteboarding, www.fluidkiteboarding.com

Postby FLUID KITES » Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:47 am

Here's some pics of the 09 ATV
Its very C shape with swept wing tips. The ATV has an adjustable from bridle with 2 points to choose from Freestyle or freeride/wave and the back has 3 points to slow it down or speed it up.

The bar has a moulded chicken loop with the cleat bellow the bar.
Attachments
ATV0920_12_08 003.jpg
ATV0920_12_08 168.jpg

DLUX
Rare Poster

Postby DLUX » Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:02 am

just an update on these kites, sorry for no pics, too much wind and work = no time for pics! i will get some up soon though and hopefully a small vid.

after enjoying the 9.5m i bought a 7m, i rode it one day in the surf but due to a sore knee didnt put it through its paces. but it was good to feel it out and get to know it a bit better. what i saw with the 7m that really impressed me was the how stable this kite is, a lot of small kites surge and feel very twitchy. even on the 7 i got smooth power delivery and it was stable even when it was gusty.

next session was a gusty 18-40knots at times there were kites falling out of the sky, ,i had an awesome day! i was a little underpowered in the very light lulls but manged to keep going, never once had a feeling the kite would fall or loose control. in the strong gusts i had to use a little depower, the range of the ATV is really big!
i had the settings on lightest bar pressure and fastes turning, loops were great. slow to start off with and fast through the end so the kite is very controlable while going through the loop. i even managed a few loop transitions i never though i would be able to do.

anyone else got their hands on these yet?

DLUX
Rare Poster

Postby DLUX » Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:02 pm

just saw a review on the ATV on seabreeze, worth a read;

http://www.seabreeze.com.au/forums/topi ... C_ID=51270

Return to “Reviews”