havlajznik
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

What kite to choose, new Ozone Edge 09 or SS RPM

Postby havlajznik » Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:32 pm

Hi,

It's time for me to choose a new toy. 85kg, 5 years, wakestyle & wave riding hobby rider, flying Ozone foils and tubes.

I had a chance to fly new Edge from Ozone, 11m2. It was so great (performance, stability, material and turning speed) that I was shocked comparing with 07 models. It was even flying in the same conditions where 12 SS Turbodiesel not. I was really suprised with turning speed and overall performance. I must admit I love it.

On the other hand I wanted to buy SS RPM 12m2 as I was reading interesting stuff and also I wanted to go back to more 'C' shape for a bigger kites just for pop and turning speed.

Have you had an experience to ride both kites to provide me with the pros and cons for both?

Thanks
Petr

PAFF
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Frestyle and waves. Always unhookt
Brand Affiliation: Slingshot-Naish-Cabrinha-North-Best-Surftech.

Re: What kite to choose, new Ozone Edge 09 or SS RPM

Postby PAFF » Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:18 pm

havlajznik wrote:Hi,

It's time for me to choose a new toy. 85kg, 5 years, wakestyle & wave riding hobby rider, flying Ozone foils and tubes.

I had a chance to fly new Edge from Ozone, 11m2. It was so great (performance, stability, material and turning speed) that I was shocked comparing with 07 models. It was even flying in the same conditions where 12 SS Turbodiesel not. I was really suprised with turning speed and overall performance. I must admit I love it.

On the other hand I wanted to buy SS RPM 12m2 as I was reading interesting stuff and also I wanted to go back to more 'C' shape for a bigger kites just for pop and turning speed.

Have you had an experience to ride both kites to provide me with the pros and cons for both?

Thanks
Petr
IMHO. your wayyyyy to good a rider to ask advise here.. Test it.

terrywrist
Medium Poster

Postby terrywrist » Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:57 pm

RPM! what a kite!! if your looking also for a killer Hybrid to cover both Aspects do not over look the Obsession fror RRD! its also Unreal, so good in fact Cabrinha Said it was the best kite they have tested of all the 09 kites so far.
maybe the New Nomad is Based on it! :thumb:
PS i have used both these kite, and i have stuck with the RPM just becasue Slingshot service,Build quality is Shit hot and never let me down in the past.
but go try them both and see what you think. i can honestly say that if you Demo both you will find it hard to split the 2.

havlajznik
Rare Poster

Postby havlajznik » Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:12 pm

I just got both of them (RPM and Enge 09) and I have to say that Edge seem much more pros then RPM. RPM seem to me as old-fasion style kite, seem to be very hard to destroy but also very fat and thick. Also just pumped-on Edge is slimer, longer (it's 11m but almost 1 meter longer then RPM) and seems to be much more styled for wind. Also as I tried it it's unbeliavable fast and strong.

I'll give a try to both but currently I wouldn't buy RPM just because it's shape is not so good (meaning leading edge) then Edge and also built quality (seams, one-pump system, etc.) is way ahead of RPM.

I have photos where you can see what I observed so fat at my flat, focused for design details.
http://jestercichlup.compoundev.com/dow ... Edge09.zip

Let's see what will happen when riding because I just don't believe that RPM can be better and faster then Edge right now. Looking forward for the weekend session :)

Return to “Reviews”