Find reviews of kites, boards and accessories
R a i n e r
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

First impressions of the '09 Spleene RIP 35 "high tech line"

Postby R a i n e r » Tue May 26, 2009 12:43 pm

To all of you (like me) who thought board development is 99%-through - we're all wrong!
Until last weekend I was convinced that my 2007 Spleene Rip34 was the "non-plus-ultra" for a kiteboard. Admitted, the 2008 version was surely better, but not that much (at least for me) to order a new one.
However, last Friday I had the opportunity to test the new 2009 Spleene Rip35 (high tech line - see www.spleene.com), and I was really impressed to see how much better new kiteboards can be! :thumb:
The board felt so much lighter on my feet. I don't know if that's the appropriate term for a kiteboard, but it ran somehow "energy saving".
It was a day with a lot of current. Every time I rode a small wave, going upwind afterwards was kind of a tough job with my old board - but not with the new 2009 Spleene Rip35. It went upwind so easily!
First I thought I picked one of the light wind boards by mistake, but the way the RIP 35 carved through the turns showed me that it was the right one.
The board has got loads of pop and jumps are pure fun.
And last but not least: The pads and straps are extremely comfortable (still not a matter of course, even in our days).
Man, I've just purchased two new Q-kites, so I'm really out of money, BUT I NEED THIS BOARD!! (Feed the addiction... Image)

Take care!
Rainer (not the one from Spleene)

vhb4302
Rare Poster

Re: First impressions of the '09 Spleene RIP 35 "high tech line"

Postby vhb4302 » Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:27 pm

I'm considering this board as my main board in anything for 14K plus. The other option is the 09 Crazy Fly Raptor Pro. I started with a big board Crazy Fly 145 X 48 to learn and master upwind. Now i want something smaller to use as my go to board of the in flat water or Intercoastal conditions which can be choppy.

Anu info would be appreciated :D

R a i n e r
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: First impressions of the '09 Spleene RIP 35 "high tech line"

Postby R a i n e r » Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:41 pm

Spleene boards are the perfect "weapon" for choppy conditions.
Their flex rules!! :thumb:
You'll love the RIP 35!
(Meanwhile I bought it Image)

Return to “Reviews”