Big Bay, Cape Town
Style: cruising and jumping
Gear: Duotone
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Pat Love "Cast" harness

Postby North_Wind » Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:46 pm

Gear review - Pat Love "Cast" harness

Bought one of these at Rhosneigr (North Wales, UK) last weekend. I tried on various Dakine models before opting for one of these despite the windsurf heritage and questionable logo. It is a kitesurf specific harness. Construction appears to be bomber, indeed comparing favourably to the Dakines.

Tried it out today at Southend (North of London, UK) in 20kts gusty wind. Wore it on top of a mystic impact vest (flotation pads removed where the harness overlaps).

The harness is easy to fit (albeit a small amount of fiddle to get the spreader bar clipped in). It has a firm reassuring feel, fits snug and does not ride up. The back is reasonably large and stiff but very comfortable.

I went out for maybe 3 hours and had a blast with it. The harness has definitely improved the pleasure of riding ... I feel much more "secure" and supported.

After 3 hours it did not appear to have come up an inch.

Really pleased with it. I won't say it is better than the Mystic or Dakine as I haven't tried them, but it blows by prevous Takoon harness out of the water.

It comes with an integrated knife on the right hand side, which is nice. If you are in the market for a new harness, I would definitely give them a look.

North Wind

Interests: none to declare, I am not a sponsored rider etc. nor in the trade in any way.

calamalka
Medium Poster
Local Beach: istanbul
Style: fly and fly:)
Gear: ROYAL ERA 14
FLUİD TORQUE 12
ROYAL ERA 10
PAT LOVE HARNESS
ROYAL BOARDS
Brand Affiliation: www.praykiteboarding.com
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0