Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

slingshot fuel 2010 report

Find reviews of kites, boards and accessories
funalex
Very Frequent Poster

slingshot fuel 2010 report

Postby funalex » Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:39 am

I had a try today with the fuel 2010 11m (I usually ride a hadlowpro 11m, mostly freestyle).

I've found the kite really predictable, the turn, acceleration, power...everything come smoothly. no instant surge of power like on AHpro. the fuel deliver slightly less power too, but have a really better depower.

I've found handlepasses easier with the fuel, but the pop is better on AHpro, because the fuel isn't enough stiff to really transfert the power through the lines, mainly in light/moderate winds.

Kiteloop are impressive on fuel, the kite create a big curve by itself, and really accelerate during the loop, the AHpro don't do that, it's more constant, but the loop is harder to finish, like a bigger kite (because it's more powerfull, so it's logical)

Jumps on fuel are very good, better than on AHpro, you can really take high jump without concentrate too much on the kite.

conclusion:
The AHpro has really an efficient profile, but will you have enough skills to exploit it ? and the fuel is more a forgive c-kite, smooth but perform well, easier to land actual moves.

For the future, I'll certainly go for a 8-9m fuel, but I keep my 11m AHpro for light wind freestyle.

superstyles
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Pacific Ocean
Favorite Beaches: Hatteras, Las Vegas
Style: freestyle
Gear: Torch quiver
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: slingshot fuel 2010 report

Postby superstyles » Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:55 am

What is the difference in build quality? Is the bar and line setup on the fuel better and stronger?

kitenake
Medium Poster
Local Beach: pismo
Favorite Beaches: portugal spain australia
Style: WAKE
Gear: slingy fuels

Postby kitenake » Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:10 am

FUELSSSS the 2010 is so sick predictable stable and a large range once your used to it. :jump:
Attachments
_MG_7149.jpg

ineedwindnow
Medium Poster

Postby ineedwindnow » Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:06 pm

Nice review a great kite indeed, this kite justs get better its good to see they have not changed to much on this kite just slight changes that refine the kite.
The fuel is best C kite on the market along with the torch. :thumb: :thumb:

ulx
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: St. Peter-Ording, Germany
Favorite Beaches: Klitmøller (Denmark) and South Africa
Style: Strapless Surf- and Foilboard
Gear: Slingshot SST 8,7,6,5
Firewire Vader
Ketos Foil with Kakoo board 108x44

Postby ulx » Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:22 am

I just read in a magazine that the 2010 Fuel has a thinner fronttube than the 09 model. And that because of that it turns quicker in loops. And that it seems to be a tiny little bit less beasty when overpowered. Can anyone confirm that? Because these are the changes I have been looking for in the 09 Fuel. Was thinking about taking something else for next season but if the above is right I might go for Fuel again. Otherwise I think I really need to get my hands on a rpm to try that out.

Return to “Reviews”