Impressions / Charger 10 & 12

Find reviews of kites, boards and accessories
cloudsfan
Rare Poster
Been thanked: 0

Re: Impressions / Charger 10 & 12

Postby cloudsfan » Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:04 am

Any update on the Chargers ?
I currently also use bow kites as I liked initially their all round approach and good depower. But now I am more into wave and freestyle and I want to turn back to foil kites for mtb and snowkiting as well, though mainly kitesurfing.
What holds me back is the depower of the Chargers or lack of it : some say it's just different, more like C shape kites where you need to edge to balance the kite power, instead of just pushing the bar out. Others say there just isn't enough depower compared to SLE kites.
I'm a little confused because ARCs have a very good reputation as for high end, and can that be if they lack depower ?
As for the low end, which is often criticiezd, I'm not so worried as I plan a Charger 15 and 10 quiver (I'm 83 kg / 182 pounds) with two boards, one one these being a race one. I will retain a small LEI for nuking winds.
Best thing would obviously be to test ride but right where I live, it's not that easy.

cloudsfan
Rare Poster
Been thanked: 0

Postby cloudsfan » Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:19 pm

No opinions ? Seems like there aren't many Chargers charging around :lol:

Kamikuza
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Sabae Beach
Favorite Beaches: Ol' Stinky
Gear: This, that, the other

Postby Kamikuza » Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:53 am

You need a flak jacket and helmet to post about foils here ... try http://www.powerkiteforum.com or http://www.arcusers.net/ or PM Traig (MonkeyAir) for the skinny ...

Return to “Reviews”