DLUX
Rare Poster
Gear: Airush
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Fluid kiteboarding 2 mode push away chicken loop

Postby DLUX » Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:32 am

Mid last year Fluid kiteboarding decided to begin a project to design a push away chicken loop, whispers of moves pushing to make this type of safety an industry standard have been circulating for some time now. Many hrs of CAD design and feedback from riders has been put into the new chicken loop with the key elements focusing on safety, ease of use and reliability.The main parts of the assembly are made from an extremely strong composite injection moulded plastic with rugged 316 stainless steel hardware. The unit has been tested up to 300kgs!

Besides being super lightweight and strong the feature that sets it apart from every other chicken loop on the market is the ability to switch from mode 1 to mode 2. Mode 1 is the first option that has a cam cleat for using a below the bar depower setup, by simply removing the red push away collar and unscrewing the cleat you can switch to mode 2 which is a cleaner version with a different collar that covers where the cleat mounts. There is even a place to run a mini 5th line or 5th line, these modes and options make the Fluid chicken loop the most adaptable system on the market today that can be used on almost any kite.

Key elements......

* 2 different modes of operation to suit how you best want to use depower.
* Inexpensive parts should anything need to be replaced.
* Ease of operation under minimum or maximum load.
* No more accidental chicken loop releases.
* Does not seperate from centre line on release, no more lost chicken loops.
* Auto aligns when un-hooked.
* Can be adapted to almost any brand of kite.
* High quality cam cleat alows easy adjustment of depower line under load.

Fluid Kiteboarding
Attachments
IMG_5724.JPG
IMG_5809.JPG
IMG_5805.JPG
IMG_5801.JPG
IMG_5796.JPG

grantman54
Very Frequent Poster

Re: Fluid kiteboarding 2 mode push away chicken loop

Postby grantman54 » Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:34 am

I like the overall design/concept. However it looks like there isn't much to grab onto when pushing up. What is there for your hand to grip on? (most of the time our hands are covered in water or sand making flat plastic very slippery) Just a thought.

Also, I don't know the loads were talking about but 300kgs doesn't seem like that much. I mean I have seen some close 300 lb kiteboarders getting huge air. It would seem like the loading would be at least double their weight. Maybe I am completely wrong.

yomotha
Frequent Poster
Style: Whatever I feel like for the day
Gear: Core, Lift

Postby yomotha » Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:29 am

Don't kite lines only support 500-600 lb of load? 300kg is 660 lbs, so it supports more than the lines.

The loop looks a bit small though.

Starsky
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Starsky » Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:27 pm

Just like ocean rodeos second gen push release, that one will chew all the grip up on the bottom of the bar, and occasionally catch your skin if you hold the bar by the centre. They were pretty quick to move to their current design that solves the issue and is much much much more comfy for unhooking with a one hand centre bar grip. Also need a bigger loop option or this is strictly for hooked in cruisers.

grantman54
Very Frequent Poster

Postby grantman54 » Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:20 pm

Isn't it interesting that even after all of company's efforts (not this one in specific) riders still find flaws? What if the company came on here presented the prototype, and then continued to work it's way for the next sixth months on perfecting it; constantly updating the forum and discussing flaws and improvements. Dynabar did a pretty good job at this and I am impressed with how far they took their final product.

This obviously poses the problem that companies could "copy" their design but I think the free advertisement, customer value, and final product would be worth it.

DLUX
Rare Poster
Gear: Airush

Postby DLUX » Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:22 pm

just did the calc's and 300kg = 661.3lb (close enough) so yeah its plenty strong enough.

ever heard the term "too many cooks can spoil the broth" that is one good reason i dont think companies should show protptypes and ask for all riders suggestions, there would be just too many ideas! besides that what team riders etc are for, product feedback and development is a small part of what they should be helping the company with. it may have worked with some companies in the past though.

been using this for a while and the release (red collar) has a stippled finish that is not slippery so dont worry about trying to get a grip on it. the loop only looks small in the pics, its smaller than the previous CL which was over generous IMO! but its not smaller than a naish or SS loop, in fact it holds its shape really well and with the self aligning feature i dont have a problem hooking back in and have not had to use my hand to hook back in once since i started testing this CL. had a lot of my friends comment on how much they like it when they see it down the beach.

BTW my bar got chunked up :( but it was because of the way i packed it and it rubbed while being under a stack of gear!

Veter
Rare Poster

Postby Veter » Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:33 pm

Now all you guys are so funny! ;)
Attachments
mrk.jpg
mrk.jpg (32.7 KiB) Viewed 2784 times
griffin.jpg