Style: Superstyle
Brand Affiliation: Wainman Hawaii
Mystic Kiteboarding
Trandscend Kiteboarding Apparel

ABoards Kite Snowboard Pics&Review

Postby sol-flyer » Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:38 pm

02.jpg (61.12 KiB) Viewed 694 times

03.jpg (53.91 KiB) Viewed 694 times

My first impression is the “2 & 1” design of the Aboard is more aimed for downhill snowboarding instead of snow kiting. But I knew I was mistaken the first time I took it out behind a kite. The flexibility is what makes the Aboard such a smooth ride while snow kiting. With a full wood core design, I am amazed at how much the Aboard can twist and flex and yet has a great response and a “springy” feel.
11.JPG (70.27 KiB) Viewed 694 times

I am happy with the centered stance of the Aboard, and 52-68cm provides a lot of stance options for those who like a wide/tight stance. I think the board is a tad bit narrow and could use a little more width. My boots tend to drag both on the heel/toe (I have big feet).
16.JPG (47.9 KiB) Viewed 694 times

Overall I give the Aboard an 8 out of 10. I think Aboards came up with a solid kite Snowboard that does not excel at any one thing, but is a great “all around” board for everything from park, freestyle, and free riding. I personally do not ride lifts anymore after discovering snow kiting. Maybe in the future I would like to see an Aboard with less side cut radius on the heel side edge, or even reverse camber.

12.JPG (75.85 KiB) Viewed 694 times
27.jpg (47.11 KiB) Viewed 694 times

Return to “Reviews”