2010 Caution Zombie

Find reviews of kites, boards and accessories
grantman54
Very Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

2010 Caution Zombie

Postby grantman54 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:20 pm

Well I just finished trying out 6 new kites after the Pismo Beach Kite Expo. For the sake of time, I am only going to review the aspects that stood out to me on each kite. I am going to review the 2010 Liquid Force Envy, 210 Liquid Force Havoc, 2010 Best Kahoona, and 2010 Caution Zombie.
Kiter Background:
Well I currently own two 2009 Liquid Force Sessions; 12m and 9m. I am only 20 and have been kiting for 3ish years. But I really started riding this last season. I weigh 175lbs and ride a Liquid Force 133 Recoil mostly but have a 145 WLF too. I am really working on progressive riding right now; working on my airs and technical skills such as riding toeside and waveriding. Every day I am landing a new trick or catching a bigger wave.
Conditions tested in:
The wind I tested the 2010 12m Zombie in was about 20mph onshore with some lulls and a little more gusty than normal. The water was pretty rough. Swells up to head high and ocassionally, what I call cross waves (waves going perpendicular to the beach). But of course we also could ride in the little whitewash close to shore. I spent about 30-45mins on the Zombie.
Performance:
-This kite definitely pulls. I could have been riding a smaller kite but I was using my 12m right before testing this kite. This is the first kite that I have used that gets you planing before you are finished with your powerstroke. That was a really nice sensation. It got me riding instantly.
-Air time! This kite LOVES the top of the wind window. When you hit a wave and pull in. It begins to pull you up, up, and some more up. I took it out past the break to the over head waves and it pulled me right up over the top of them.
-Predictability. This kite never was in a spot I did not know. It was always where I wanted it to be. Great for waveriding!
-Depower. I really liked that when you power this kite up and depower it did not change the steering response.
Complaints:
-Hand position. The kite was responsive to the first steering input when I had my hands centered, but when I had to adjust that input, I had to move my hands out to really get it moving.
-Materials. The bar materials seem like they are not 2010. Nothing wrong with them, but some of the other bars I held are using more advanced materials.
These are small complaints that I noticed. I am sure if I spent more time on the kite I might find these complaints false/unfair.
Who is this kite for:
This kite is for any freestyler wanting that extra hangtime and air! Also, because of the predictability and power, it is for the waverider looking for a kite to get them planing instantly and powering out to the waves. It will have no problem pulling you into waves.

Thanks to Kinsley from http://xtremebigair.com/ for the demo. If you are around the central coast come check out the kite for yourself and see what the Zombie can do for you!
Attachments
Picture 2.png
Picture 2.png (155.72 KiB) Viewed 1888 times
bar.jpg
bar.jpg (9.83 KiB) Viewed 1888 times

Return to “Reviews”