haynman
Medium Poster
Style: surf
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

New Revolutionary Design Vision Flex-Wire kiteboards

Postby haynman » Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:37 pm

I"m super amped on my new epoxy boards that are being shaped up. Can't wait to get to ride'em.

These are Buddah's new Flex-Wire Designs.

What makes these boards different is the solid core construction with cypress wood parabolic rails.

The first pic is a 147 x 51 (light wind twin) & the other is a 5'10" single to double concave thruster squash.

I'm going with FCS Fusion fins and also inserts in the deck for straps.

I mostly ride strapless but I'm sure it will be tons of fun with some straps on those days when it's blasting....
Attachments
DSC_0905.JPG
DSC_0904.JPG

Bigdog
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Wolfe Island
Style: Old and grey surfer dude style
Gear: Core xr5 and windego boards

Re: New Revolutionary Design Vision Flex-Wire kiteboards

Postby Bigdog » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:34 pm

They look pretty cool.
What layup and finish is planned? Veneer?

BWD
Very Frequent Poster

Postby BWD » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:26 pm

Looks nice.
But not so sure about that piece of surf lingo "parabolic" ;)
But, dude I had an epic session yesterday, cuz it was like, totally parabolic dude, I had this parabolic stick with a parabolic rocker and parabolic rails, man I carved some parabolic turns but hit the lip and it was like, BAMM! and a I wiped out cause the lip was like hyperbolic and then I got caught on the inside of this tubular section, man it was beat down liek cuz haveyouever got a parabola stuck inside a tube with a hyperbolic lip dude? The logarithmic holddown in the whitewash was like, an inflection point in my surfing career, but still dude, it's gonna be an epic leanrrning curve on this parabolic shit man, it's gonna be totally exponential, man, I just hope I can relate the parabolic rails to the exponential curve, or I'll have to spring for another new board.
If you know what I mean. 8)

Seriously, those rails look like they will hold up pretty good.
This seems like a great construction idea no matter what they call it, and maybe better for kiting than the conventional "parabolic" :roll: stringers set in from the rail, let us know how it performs.
I wanna see some parabolic spray thrown off those tubular sections, duuude.

haynman
Medium Poster

Postby haynman » Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:36 am

I'm thinking maybe for the twin tip wrapping it in carbon fiber or a traditional 6oz. fiberglass with a high gloss automotive finish. :idea:

And the surfboard a double 7oz. on the bottom with a triple 4oz. deck with stomp patches for front and back foot. :thumb:

The foam used is a 2.2 lbs. EPS closed cell.

Maybe some bamboo veneer would be different on the twin tip...?!?

With surfing as my background, I would use the same board to kite on. A normal poly board would not even hold up for a month. My friend was in Puerto Rico surfing with his Flex-Wire and broke his leash in some double overhead surf, the board hit the rocks on the rail and did zero damage to it due to the wood rails.

I'm looking for strength in the glass job as I know the deck will take some abuse. Airs are the number one cause for board breakage especially by the tail. Thats where I normally buckle all of my boards. These epoxyies are extremely tough.

haynman
Medium Poster

Postby haynman » Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:27 pm

Just finished up on a kite specific skimmer.

I decided for a stringer on this one with maybe a diamond tail. The length is at 52cm. I'm also thinking about putting some FCS Fusion plugs in. I don't really ride with fins, but it might be really fun behind a boat.... Any thoughts...?

My next skimmer will be a Flex-Wire design. I'm thinking a single concave bottom with some nose & tail rocker. Maybe a single wing design. Make it kinda like a mini-torpedo... :D

Check out the solid wood core twin tip here www.visionsurfco.com and other customs.
Attachments
DSC_0903.JPG

dhughes
Rare Poster
Local Beach: C-Street
Style: surfboard
Gear: Surfing, no straps

Postby dhughes » Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:41 pm

[quote][dude I had an epic session yesterday, cuz it was like, totally parabolic dude, I had this parabolic stick with a parabolic rocker and parabolic rails, man I carved some parabolic turns but hit the lip and it was like, BAMM! and a I wiped out cause the lip was like hyperbolic and then I got caught on the inside of this tubular section, man it was beat down liek cuz haveyouever got a parabola stuck inside a tube with a hyperbolic lip dude? The logarithmic holddown in the whitewash was like, an inflection point in my surfing career, but still dude, it's gonna be an epic leanrrning curve on this parabolic shit man, it's gonna be totally exponential, man, I just hope I can relate the parabolic rails to the exponential curve, or I'll have to spring for another new board.quote]
:rollgrin:

I am going to look the word up, you got me curious. I once a had a Libtech snowboard that had a bunch of funny spoofs of industry sales tactical bullshit all over it....never have forgiven my ex-frau for tossing it into the dumpster.

Return to “Reviews”