Epic Screamer Full Review, Videos, Pics, & Discussion

Find reviews of kites, boards and accessories
grantman54
Very Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Epic Screamer Full Review, Videos, Pics, & Discussion

Postby grantman54 » Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:58 pm

I absolutely LOVE the 7m Screamer. I love all three but the 7m rocks my socks. I ride it on the fast setting and on the 55 cm bar length. It is so fast and stays in the air well when catching waves. It also has loads of power. Yesterday I was lit at some points on my 7m and people were on kites 9-12s. Just about anytime I can be on my 9m, I could be on my 7m. My next favorite kite is the 9m and then the 12m. Honestly I have only had 3 short sessions on the 12m because these kites, especially the 12m, have so much power. And when I did take the 12m out, it wants to pull me off my edge or take me flying up.
A while back everyone was talking about the EH Ovando have loads of power and you could get away with a size smaller. I think that might be the case with the Screamer. If I was to do my quiver over I would have gone with the 7m/10m. But I know I will be really grateful for the 12m when the summer/early fall light winds hit.
Well pretty much you just heard it again. I am amped on these kites.

grantman54
Very Frequent Poster

Postby grantman54 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:47 am

Wanted to mention that I flew my 12m Screamer back to back to back with the new 2011 13m Fuel. I was expecting the Fuel to have more power. NOPE! The Screamer, although a meter smaller, has much more power. Shocking considering the Fuel is a power house. My Screamer also turned a ton faster. Don't get me wrong, the Fuel is a nice kite and had a nice feel to it, but it reminded me that Screamers are at the top!

Geronimo79
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Freeride
Gear: Epic Kites and Arise and Hyperflex
Brand Affiliation: Epic Kites and Arise

Postby Geronimo79 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:17 pm

That the screamer is more powerfull is no suprise. Basicly any SLE 12m has a bigger effective area then a C kite. It also has more depower then most 10m C kites. (maybe not anymore with newest generations.)

Yesterday i had a 9m screamer to ride in about 30/32 knots with some gusts above. Oh my god was i powered.. and having so much fun was screaming out loud on every jump. The Power of the kites is unbelievable. You may have less highend on the kites then what you used to. A 9m waroo for instance i could hold way longer then my 9m Screamer. But the fun factor is way better of the screamer. Even in high powered situation the screamer feels very controlable, the barpressure stays pretty much the same. Which makes it great to ride in overpowered conditions. But with my 220LBS (110kg) i'm actually thinking of getting a 7m for 30 knots and above....

So if you love riding smaller sizes i think you'll really like the screamers they have much power very early on.

Return to “Reviews”