Local Beach: Kailua Beach, Oahu
Style: Old school big air
Gear: Best Team C, Naish Torch, Naish Raven, Slingshot Fuel
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Team C

Postby Ivoidwarranties » Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:54 am

I just picked up the 11m Yarga last week and love it. I reminds me of an old school Fuel, but with a slightly thinner leading edge. I got it so I could retire my 08 Torch 12m and, after flying both back to back, I can say that there are benefits and disadvantages to both. The Team C turns slightly faster and sits further back in the wind window than the Torch, making it gruntier. I think it jumps a little better too. Where the Torch seems to outshine the Team C is on the waves though. With the better better depower, it lets you ride the waves no matter what the wind direction is, even flying backwards with you for short distances. Because of the Team C's grunt and lack of depower, I kept getting snatched off the waves or picked up and launched when transitioning from one side of the window to the other quickly. Also, it didn't seem quite as stable as the Torch when forced to back stall. Guess I may not be completely retiring the Torch after all...
Overall, I'm stoked! And at almost $700 less than the Torch, the Team C is a steal for anyone who loves C kites.

mkmiec
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Esbjerg, Mielno, Palamos, Medano
Favorite Beaches: Ådalen, Spot X, Punta Trettu, Tenerife and lots more
Style: freestyle & hydrofoil
Gear: Various gear from Best, Bodyglove, Liquid Force, Levitaz, Bracuru, Flysurfer
Brand Affiliation: Own SUP, KITESURFING, HYDORFOIL school
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Team C

Postby mkmiec » Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:33 am

:thumb: Been flying the Yarga back to back over half a year now & I do agree. Maybe you could post some pics? ;)

Return to “Reviews”