Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

..what do I put my girlfriend on?Evo or Bandit??

Find reviews of kites, boards and accessories
switchman
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

..what do I put my girlfriend on?Evo or Bandit??

Postby switchman » Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:49 pm

Hi there,after some time comin out with me (on 11m eh eze),my girlfriend is now ready to ride on her own,just wanna make sure,that she'll be save out on her own but at the same time wanna use her 9m for my windy sessions as well ;)) heard a lot of good about both,some issues with North build quality and some with F one safety system and low wind relaunch..so what you guys thinking??any other sugestions??thanks..

Geronimo79
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Freeride
Gear: Epic Kites and Arise and Hyperflex
Brand Affiliation: Epic Kites and Arise

Re: ..what do I put my girlfriend on?Evo or Bandit??

Postby Geronimo79 » Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:28 pm

Older deltas i wouldnt recommend to anyone, with absurd barpressures. And it was simply not that good of a kite. The newer ones i cant really say they seem to be much better. I do got the impression the EVO (2) is slightly better then the bandit (dos). But then again a lot of people had/have an bandit so its more likely to hear about problems from them.

Ofcourse there are many other options.
Maybe an Epic Renegade would fit her well too. The kite has all the ideal features of the delta kites, and has a simular feeling as the newer deltas. Only its a SLE. It feels rocksolid in the air. Incredible stable and smooth flying. I'm sure she will love it.
If you have the chance try it. Its a really nice kite.

KiteCulture
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Epic Renegades, Screamer LTD
Brand Affiliation: EPIC kites www.epickites.com

Postby KiteCulture » Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:23 pm

I've been thrilled with the Renegade, and often suggest it to students. It's a great kite and feels totally safe. With super easy relaunch and ultimate stability, you won't go wrong.

give one a try if you can.

Kristoff
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Cumbuco, El Gouna,Duinbergen,Brouwersdam,Wissant,Rosas.
Favorite Beaches: Wissant,Cumbuco,Rosas
Style: Hard
Gear: north vegas 2008 12m ( retired )

liquid force havoc 2011 12-8- 6

2011 Xenon infra 136 * 41

Postby Kristoff » Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:55 pm

My brother is using the evo 2010 for four months.

The build quality is good, no problems so far.
My bro crashes his kites a lot, he progresses very fist, and the kite has to pay the price for it, but holds very well!

The bar is one of the best bars on the market, clean and not to thick.

Good safety.

Exellent relaunch

Not to much bar pressure.

Good windrange.

No bridle tangels!

SimonP
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Rotorua Lakes, Maketu, NZ
Favorite Beaches: Aotea, Maroochydore, Faro, Aitutaki
Style: Foiling, free-style, waves
Gear: J-shapes foil, Switch kites, Underground twintips, misc surfboards.

Postby SimonP » Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:02 pm

That's funny, you ask for a kite and you get two guys recommending a kite that you probably can't even buy in England.

The earlier Evos were definitely lower aspect than the earlier Bandits and a bit less technical to ride and more stable. I imagine they are pretty similar in flight characteristics now. My GF has been flying 09 Evos for a while now. No issues with build quality and they are really super user-friendly. Relaunch is super easy. I don't much like the safety to two centre lines but North may have changed the safety system in 2010?

BTW The 9m is pretty powerful for it's size, it doesn't feel comfortable over 25 knots.

Simon

switchman
Rare Poster

Postby switchman » Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:50 pm

..just spent an hour on the web looking for some answers..thanks a lot for your info guys..everybody is happy with the evos down here,the bar is definately one of the best on the market..she just found an article about the new wainman 9m smoke and I can clearly see its gonna be dificult to get her out of the idea ;)) found few reviews and no one sayz a single bad think about them either..any experience with the rabbits?? if she can handle and deep water relaunge my 11 eh eze then she'll be ok with most of the kites in 09 and 10 range.. :thumb:

hamajusyda
Medium Poster

Postby hamajusyda » Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:12 am

switchman wrote:...she just found an article about the new wainman 9m smoke and I can clearly see its gonna be dificult to get her out of the idea ;)) found few reviews and no one sayz a single bad think about them either..any experience with the rabbits??...

Have had experience riding both. For a person just getting into the sport go with the Evo. For one reason... the safety system. The Wainman's do not really have a good safety system. they are designed more for the advance rider. It has a mini 5th line but it does not fully depower the kite. the other option is the suicide leash to the chicken loop...not really a great set-up for a newbie!

Both kites are great :thumb: , and will let the rider progress very well. but I feel the advantage goes to the Evo because of the safety factor.

Just my 2 cents!
JC

switchman
Rare Poster

Postby switchman » Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:45 pm

..to Hama: thanks,that is exactly what I was saying..she's not a complet newbie though,she can handle my high aspect Eze very well and she is deeply in love with the rabbits designs :lol: I'll tell her all the pros and cons and let her make her own mind up,on the end of the day,she's paying for it with her own hard earn cash :) if she's not happy,I may keep it for my self as I need higher wnd rocket as well..thanks again for sharing your experience guys..ride hard :jump:

leepasty
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: porthleven, west cornwall, uk
Favorite Beaches: gnaraloo,curral jouel, One Eye, Haakgat,
porthleven, Gwithian
Style: Waves
Gear: Duotone Pro Wam, Pro Session and Neos
Brand Affiliation: sponsored by Duotone & Ion

Postby leepasty » Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:11 pm

I would also say Evo over Rabbit but the Rabbits are good.
If she does go with it get a North Bar instead of the Wainman bar. can't believe they haven't sorted out the safety yet. Only thing that lets them down!
cheers
lee
www.pastyadventures.co.uk
kitsurfing lessons in cornwall

SBBeachbum
Very Frequent Poster

Postby SBBeachbum » Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:22 pm

Or you take the rabbit to make her happy which I am sure will make you happy :thumb: and fly it on the Ozone 4-line bar. One of the best, if not the best, bars on the market imo.

Return to “Reviews”