S.A.
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: www.cautionkites.com
www.nobilekiteboarding.com
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Caution Santa Cruz 2011 Spitfire

Postby S.A. » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:27 pm

There are a couple of things that make the Spitfires stand out from the "crowd" for me, and two of them in particular that really impress me are:

* Many modern kites have, or claim to have great wind ranges but the Spitfires are in a class of their own when it comes to the way they handle strong winds. The handling and responsiveness does not change significantly as the wind gets stronger, so, if for example, you like the handling of the 9m in 20kt, it feels and performs exactly the same in 30kt.
Sounds hard to believe but you have to experience it yourself to understand.

*For wave riding in particular, the Spitfires are awesome in the way that they turn qickly but without yanking you off of your bottom or top turns. Again, the most amazing thing is that you can still do exaxtly the same thing when fully lit, and the result is the same ... sweet controlable power allowing you to carve and smash away under complete control

screwfootsc
Medium Poster
Style: strapless
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Caution Santa Cruz 2011 Spitfire

Postby screwfootsc » Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:06 am

Thanks all tfor the comments. I myself just had a fun session starting with the 16M, then the 13M and then the 11M...

All kites as always flying great, stable, and plenty of punch. It is so nice to be able to pick a quiver according to size and local conditions.

All the kites fly the same, fast, stable and predictable. None backstall which is a problem with a lot of kites out there. Caution kites has turned around 100 fold and is now producing the past 2-3 years some of the best kites on the market, and this year is even better.

One kite, all conditions, all riding levels, all riding styles. The 2011 Spitfire does it all.

Regarding the bar, Peter has designed the bar to his liking, but with some time (next year) we are sure to have a different and modified setup. The current bar does the job. We have 'plenty' of riders with no issues whatsoever including myself. But thanks for the feedback, will pass it on for sure.

Return to “Reviews”