Medium Poster
Gear: F-One B6 and SS Fuel
Tablas boards
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Switch Method 7m

Postby Delmar78 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:24 am

It was very stable even in 13 knots on the beach, like I said, the flapping only showed when I looped it.

But it will be thoroughly tested tomorrow in waves in about 25 knots (I hope!! :))
Last edited by Delmar78 on Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

overhead
Rare Poster
Local Beach: North coast cali...
Style: Waves and waves

Postby overhead » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:34 am

Fred...

April

17 ft @11 secs...

Nor-cal

7 meter ....solid,

FredBGG
Very Frequent Poster

Postby FredBGG » Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:16 pm

overhead wrote:Fred...

April

17 ft @11 secs...

Nor-cal

7 meter ....solid,
NICE!!!

We have been getting some really nice surf down here in SoCal too, but nothing that big in a long time.

Be safe in the big stuff :thumb:

billybob
Rare Poster

Postby billybob » Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:18 am

OK, got my Method 12 and wanted to pump it up and check out the bar. Went to the beach, typical 8-11 mph SW Florida seabreeze, nobody around here kites in this stuff. Kite and bar both look good. Love the inflation system, 53 pumps and its rock solid, no leaking when you pull out the hose. Self launch the kite on 20 M lines. My last 12 was 08 RRD Obsession, the Method feels comparable turning wise, maybe a tad slower, but normally I wouldn't be flying a kite in these winds. I really wanted to check out the "stability" thing. Absolutely no issue! Parked the kite overhead using the stopper and it just sat there until it would drift left or right. Parked the kite at one o'clock and ran at it a bunch of times, it just drifted backwards. I'm not sure what more you could want. Looping the kite did produce flutter, but I'm not calling that an issue at 8-11 mph. The line spinners both worked great. Overall very happy with kite and bar, but this can hardly be a legit test, only posting because of earlier post on stability that got my attention. I'm gonna have to call BS on the unstability thing at this point, at least under the conditions I flew it in. Oh yeah, make the bag bigger next year.

flying doctor
Frequent Poster

Postby flying doctor » Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:50 am

J-GAR wrote:I was riding the F-One Bandit 4 before I was riding Switch. I can tell you Switch has definitely come up with their current kites that meet or exceed what you described while offering it at a much less price.
I am currently about to decide between buying discount new B4's or new Methods in sizes 7 and 9. Price would be the same. B5 is also an option but more expensive (30%)
I've tested the B4 9m and liked it a lot but had the idea it wasn't that well getting me upwind.
Testing the Method may be possible but not as of yet on my local beach.

Can anyone tell me how they compare?

I ride a 5'8'' and am focussed on strapped waveriding from 15 to 35 knots but want to get some good boost in jumps as well. I've read raving reviews on the method as far as waveriding is concerned, but how does it compare to the B4 as far as jumping (feel in the air on transitions etc) is concerned?

and please state any connections to kite-companies!

borntofli
Rare Poster

Postby borntofli » Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:06 am

Finally got to use the 7 method yesterday... Winds 25-35 with a few gusts to 40...I was surprised to find such wild wind swings when I got home and checked the local windspeed station....

Was riding a surfboard in flatwater due to straight offshore at coast...

I did pull some trim in at times, but never more than 3-4 inches.

Kite is smooth!!! No herky jerky power swings in gusts... No lurching forward and back, just feel an increase in power.... Not a bumblebee in the sky, but 7m kites turn fast enough you dont need the fastest turning kite made... Super easy 1 handed flying.... bar pressure is lighter than the 12 method, which is med-med light....

My previous kites in this windrange were Ocean Rodeo rise ( worst wave kite ive tried, gusts it surges forward and ride toward it it falls out of the sky.) Slingshot octane. lousy kite on land, a real handfull till you get going on the water....

Great kite, and how can you beat the price....

overhead
Rare Poster
Local Beach: North coast cali...
Style: Waves and waves

Postby overhead » Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:35 am

Flying doc,

I got to fly a friend's B4 12 meter today. Good kite, good power for some light onshore wind and small surf. I have both the 7 and 9 m Methods. The differences I noticed were that the B4 has more of pivot type of turn whereas the Method has a more rounded type of turn through the window. The Method turns quicker and smoother, with smooth power all the way through the window. Upwind is better on the Method.

The B4 seems to backstall more but I think if you set up the bar different you can correct it. I didnt get a chance. Bar pressure is lighter than the Method. I like more personally, so the Method is fine with me.

I have not flown the 12 meter Method and only comparing the B4 12 m to a 9m Method so we know that the 9 will of course turn faster. Just trying note the basic differences in turning, power etc. The 9m Method has a pretty wide windrange and i have flown it just fine when most were on 11s and 12s.The 7m Method rocks!

I weigh 180 lbs
6.0 surfboard
No affiliation

Return to “Reviews”