naishdude
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Holland
Spain
Danemark
France
Favorite Beaches: everywhere at the seaside, where it is allowed to kite
Style: cruising& wave
Gear: Airush Sector 54 V5, Cypher5'8 active, compact 5'6, Compact5'5 active, Limit Waves custom 5'6
Ozone reo V5 12 9 7 5
Brand Affiliation: none

Switchkites Method 5m 7m small review

Postby naishdude » Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:23 am

Switch Kites @ Brouwersdam Holland

Hi, as I was a dedicated Ozone fan, I got a chance to put my hands on a Switch Kite Method ( wavekite).

After flying the 7m of a friend I was sold, and ordered me a set 5m 7m 9m Methods kites.
The delivery went fluent, and when unpacking the kites and bars, there was not any idea this is a cheap kite, everything neatly packed, bars have their own little sleeve, leashes looked pretty good, bars the equivalent of bars where you pay a double price for, the bags to carry the kites as well as the pumps are high standard and a nice complete repairkit.

I am a lucky guy, because the next day we had 30 knots of wind, so took the 5m Metod for a ride.
I was used to the Ozone C4 kites, and must say this kite flies much smoother, gust are smoothed out, but yes you get the power. The Ozone C4 knocked the power.

I am a 57 year old beachbum with a tennis elbow, I can tell you the difference, this Method, is much friendlier to my tennis elbow than the C4 was, for example, if you want to make tied jibes with a lot of speed you really have to pull hard at the c4 bar, let me put it in another way, the force you need to do that, is much higher than with the method, and the method nicely follows the movement and keeps the power without the on off feeling you get from the Ozone C4.

The wind was very gusty, the depower is great, the barpressure, depends in how you fly the kite if you sheet in the bar completely, it gives a little bit more barpressure than the C4, but I like my bar like 15 cm away from the end, and this guys, give you no more pressure that for example a C4 plus the kite gets its maximum power.

As I cannot explain this all as a professional, which I am not, but my experience is that I am totally happy with the kite, you can have it drifting along with you, and even with no power in the lines you steer it away and it reacts immediatly.

These are the kites/shapes I have been waiting for ( yes I have test flown eclipse and wainman long time before this method) but for now Method will be my kite to go with, on my directional 6.1' strapped surf.

I state again that this kite gets you going, and the longer you fly it the more you will love it!

Good winds and good luck to Switchkites with their superb start!

Frank L. Belgium/ Holland ( Brouwersdam)
(ps: I ordered the Nitro 14m for lightwind and my free raceboard ( Sector 60) will write a report on that later if I tested it this weekend)

joaomac7
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Lagoa de Albufeira, Portugal
Praia da nova vaga, Lisbon, Portugal
Favorite Beaches: Lagoa de Albufeira, Portugal
Style: Wake
Gear: Takoon Pure 12m 2010
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Switchkites Method 5m 7m small review

Postby joaomac7 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:05 am

Another kiter happy with the new toy.

Enjoy it!!

:bye: :bye: :bye:

tswierkocki
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2001
Style: Hydrofoil, Surf, Freeriding
Gear: 3m, 4m, 5m, 8m Flysurfer Peak 4 kites
7m, 10m Cabrinha Apollo kites
Cloud F28 surf foil
107cm Kanaha pocket board for kite foiling
4’8” Stretch Trow surfboard
133 Axis Vanguard twintip
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby tswierkocki » Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:35 pm

What size C4 did the 5M Method replace? How about the 7M?

naishdude
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Holland
Spain
Danemark
France
Favorite Beaches: everywhere at the seaside, where it is allowed to kite
Style: cruising& wave
Gear: Airush Sector 54 V5, Cypher5'8 active, compact 5'6, Compact5'5 active, Limit Waves custom 5'6
Ozone reo V5 12 9 7 5
Brand Affiliation: none

Postby naishdude » Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:49 pm

tswierkocki wrote:What size C4 did the 5M Method replace? How about the 7M?
I had a 12M 9M 7M Ozone C4
now I have 9m 7M 5M Switchkites Method this to be used <with my 6.1 strapped surfboard
going from 14/ 15 knots up to..35 knots ( I do not fly by more wind with my 57 years :wink: )
I have 78kg
hope this helps you out a bit
Have a nice day!
Frank L.

Return to “Reviews”