Gear: charles delau pro 130
SB2 12
SB3 8
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Review Switch Nitro 16m.

Postby kids » Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:57 pm

A brief review of my first session on my nitro 16m. I bought this kite as a lightwind kite, which will be used in 10-15 knots, my weight is 83 kg.

Out of the box ..

Quality impression: Looks and feels like any other of the better kites on the market today. There are reinforcements on the wear points and the kite seem built of solid material, similar to slingshot (which in that case means good quality).

Bar: The bar is very clean and simple, over the bar depower that works well, there is nothing to complain about .. If so, would be to chicken loop could be nicer looking

The bag: Awesome bag, but it could be a little bigger. There is also a risk that you may get stuck with the kite in the zipper when it closes, maybe could be solved.

On the water ..

The wind was very light, it hovered between 7-12 knots, but it was warm and sunny.

6-7 knots, I could start going with my strapless lightwind plywood. (Pretty boring but workable).
8 knots, I could go upwind with the same board.
8-9 knots, I could start riding with my booted twintip and at 9-10 knots I could go upwind.
11-12 knots it became really fun with the twintip, I could start doing popped tricks and go upwind with ease.

Relaunch: Have only had time to test it when it was cruel little wind so is a little difficult to say anything about it, but then it was a bit tricky. Will try to crash the kite and make sure next time I kite.

Upwind: The kite goes upwind, nuf said.
Jump / Boost: Because of very low wind, I have not been able to test some huge jumps but there was anyway enough power to get up a few feet. It has a very smooth power, hangtime is sick. The kite loops without any problems and pulls steady through the entire loop.

Unhooked / Pop: I tested a little raleys and rolls, not any handlepasses. The kite is ridiculous stable when you are unhooked. You can easily unhook then spot a chop, then do your trick and move on without having to hook in directly. There is no tendency to backstalling. If you get a good pop yo get the slack in the lines.

Others: The kite are superstable, has a very smoth pull and is fairly fast for its size.
Remember! This was the first time I tested the kite and this is as I said just my first impression. I ´ll update when I had more time on it.

Just ask if you have any questions.

BiteMe
Frequent Poster

Re: Review Switch Nitro 16m.

Postby BiteMe » Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:08 am

What size twin tip were you riding?

Have you ridden any of the other light wind kites and how does the 16m Nitro compare?

kids
Medium Poster
Local Beach: dhalareu, saetra
Gear: charles delau pro 130
SB2 12
SB3 8

Re: Review Switch Nitro 16m.

Postby kids » Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:39 pm

BiteMe wrote:What size twin tip were you riding?

Have you ridden any of the other light wind kites and how does the 16m Nitro compare?
Hello!

I ride a LF Influence 140 with boots.

Unfortunately I haven´t tried any other lightwind kites, but we have many zephyrs and Flysurfer monsters ala 20m2 something on our spot. It has considerably more power than my 14m slingshot rpm anyway, and I can get going about 3-4 knots earlier, I believe.

I rode all day today with the nitro, the wind speed was between 10-15 knots. In the morning it was 10-12 then it increased to 12-15 knots.

I can anyway say that no zephyr could ride when I couldn´t.

The flysurfer monsters could obviously get started a couple of knots earlier, but then they rode monsters doors as well.

When the wind was blowing 12-15 knots, I had full power, if the wind had increased, I´d been rigging my 14m.

Sorry I couldn´t answer all your questions.

/kids

Return to “Reviews”