scruzkiter
Rare Poster
Style: Surf Strapless
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Firewire Hellfire 508 and New Construction is unreal

Postby scruzkiter » Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:19 am

All,

Those who are into the surfing aspect of this sport....I know it has been mentioned on this forum before, but the new Firewire boards are incredible. I have had my boards now for a year or so with not one sign of pressure ding or abuse. Firewire is working on weight, but right now they are still very light. I challenge anyone to break a new constructed model. It is nearly impossible in the water and I have yet to even come close.

The new Hellfire 508 is a skatey, snappy, and very lively board. It goes upwind like a charm especially with the Deviant Fin. The fin cants to whichever way you are heading and locks in place.

Please post your Firewire comments and let's hear more feedback!
Attachments
he.jpg
he.jpg (61.91 KiB) Viewed 5275 times

Uride2
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: FIREWIRE Hellfire 508 and New Construction is UNREAL

Postby Uride2 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:13 am

Would like to hear more, I did not see that on the Firewire site. Where have you been riding it, how much do you weigh, what wind range do you think its good in. Wave heights, fun in one footers? How big, is too big, that you would want to switch to something better in big waves? Any more pictures. Who has them in stock? Felix, what do you think, your cup of tea, or not. Thanks.

Phil
Very Frequent Poster
Favorite Beaches: Famara
Gear: Naish Slash 2017 9m & 7m, Firewire Vader 5'3, HB Lafayette 5'10

Re: Firewire Hellfire 508 and New Construction is unreal

Postby Phil » Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:01 pm

scruzkiter wrote:The new Hellfire 508 is a skatey, snappy, and very lively board....
Hi Scruzkiter,

A bit surprised you get a Hellfire / kite version in 5'8 size!
Guys from FireWire said this summer that the Hellfire 5'6 and (possibly) the 5'10 will be available soon....but never mentionned the 5'8!
Good stuff, 5'8 sounds to be the right pick for large/medium sized riders looking for an allround/crossover board.
By the way, would love to see a bottom pic as well?

Phil
Have Fun & Ride Safe

screwfootsc
Medium Poster
Style: strapless

Postby screwfootsc » Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:49 am

He meant 506 boys, sorry. Little screw up on previous post as we only have the 506 in stock and plenty of them, no 508. 2" in length will not make a bit of difference in the long run...we are talking 1/8" difference in thickness and width if that.

I ride this board and I am 6'4", 210 lbs. Board has a lot of float and works well in a variety of conditions. Throw the quad setup on for mushy, onshore and lighter winds and push the limits in head high plus surf with a thruster setup.

Board is unreal in the surf, like a skateboard. Bottom of board is white...Felix loves the board and as been sportin one for a while now as well.

510 in progress as well as more toys. Within time gentlemen.

In super big surf I prefer the taj 511 (whoops), but it is still fun to experiment with the other models as they all work well in a WIDE variety of conditions.

Get one....
Last edited by screwfootsc on Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

mike dubs
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: southend, whitstable, camber
Favorite Beaches: west end of camber sands
Style: Surf
Gear: FireWire, BWS drifter, nobble skim board, 12/9/7 bandit 5's

Postby mike dubs » Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:21 am

Grant Hasselbach aka screwfootstraps aka scrukiter aka nofootbelts,

Why do you keep using different ID's on this and Firewire forum, just use your name. You don't need to create different ID's to pimp Firewire Boards (i have them and they're great) or Switch kites, I've tried one and it was great too.

By the way is a Sweet potatoe coming?

Mike

Uride2
Medium Poster

Postby Uride2 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:33 pm

screwfootsc, I believe you were meaning the 5.11 Taj....
Here is a handy chart to help you with the sizes :-)

screwfootsc wrote:He meant 506 boys, sorry. Little screw up on previous post as we only have the 506 in stock and plenty of them, no 508. 2" in length will not make a bit of difference in the long run...we are talking 1/8" difference in thickness and width if that.

I ride this board and I am 6'4", 210 lbs. Board has a lot of float and works well in a variety of conditions. Throw the quad setup on for mushy, onshore and lighter winds and push the limits in head high plus surf with a thruster setup.

Board is unreal in the surf, like a skateboard. Bottom of board is white...Felix loves the board and as been sportin one for a while now as well.

510 in progress as well as more toys. Within time gentlemen.

In super big surf I prefer the taj 510, but it is still fun to experiment with the other models as they all work well in a WIDE variety of conditions.

Get one....

Phil
Very Frequent Poster
Favorite Beaches: Famara
Gear: Naish Slash 2017 9m & 7m, Firewire Vader 5'3, HB Lafayette 5'10

Postby Phil » Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:35 pm

screwfootsc wrote:He meant 506 boys, sorry.
Thanks for clarifying :cool2:

Phil
Have Fun & Ride Safe

sckitesurf
Medium Poster

Postby sckitesurf » Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:57 pm

You can take a look at the entire 2012 FireWire Kiteboard lineup along with other brands in the new Buyers Guide from The KiteBoarder http://store.thekiteboarder.com/product ... e-emag.htm

They also have the iPad version available for download.

screwfootsc
Medium Poster
Style: strapless

Postby screwfootsc » Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:44 am

Had a chance to give the 506 hellfire a go today in 20-25 south sideoff winds.

The board is insane. Enough volume to get you through the lulls, yet snappy and loose enough to be a high performance board in your quiver.

This board turns on a dime and hooks around like nobodys business. It also is solid and sticks in every turn in the quad setup in high speeds.

Definitely the most fun board in my quiver at this point I would say...even over my taj that I love. This board works great for a bigger rider. Don't be fooled by it's length, the volume in this board is right behind the 600 quadraflex and flexfire 602.

Return to “Reviews”