Switchkites - Element?

Find reviews of kites, boards and accessories
Starsky
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Re: Switchkites - Element?

Postby Starsky » Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:18 pm

KAWIKA wrote: I'm so happy I waited on Switch & didn't follow the Hype!! Can't wait to see the quality & price of the new TT Boards! Switch Rocks :thumb: :thumb:
Did you actually write that? seriously?

Not a brand bash. As interested as anyone in quality design, construction and value.

Time will tell. But I might take your review with a grain of salt.

L0KI
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: .

Postby L0KI » Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:26 pm

Starsky wrote:
KAWIKA wrote: I'm so happy I waited on Switch & didn't follow the Hype!! Can't wait to see the quality & price of the new TT Boards! Switch Rocks :thumb: :thumb:
Did you actually write that? seriously?

Not a brand bash. As interested as anyone in quality design, construction and value.

Time will tell. But I might take your review with a grain of salt.
I've read that comment on ten of KAWIKA's posts and I keep wondering... follow what hype?...from who?
This video is not revealing much though. Maybe a video of a kiter on the water riding and the shot can be of the kite and rider so we can see how the kite reacts to rider input and what the rider gets back from that input.

Hansen Design
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Hansen Design » Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:49 pm

Hi OnB:
Hard to make a decent vid with no wind - have to hand it to him for trying. The Element has been formally released worldwide and there is a short promo video on the website & facebook. Lots of kites have already gone out so you can expect to see more detailed videos soon.
Cheers! :thumb:
Oldnbroken wrote:This video is not revealing much though. Maybe a video of a kiter on the water riding and the shot can be of the kite and rider so we can see how the kite reacts to rider input and what the rider gets back from that input.

overhead
Rare Poster
Local Beach: North coast cali...
Style: Waves and waves
Been thanked: 0

Postby overhead » Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:41 am

Bill,

Like the Methods 7 & 9 m. Thinking of getting either the 13m Element or the 12m Method for wave riding. The kites are fairly close size wise, however, which one will turn the fastest? I ride in on-shore and side shore winds, where I find I need lots of drift, great low end and a quick turn. I understand that I may not be able get all of this but maybe two out of three...

Hansen Design
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Hansen Design » Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:04 am

Overhead:
Toss-up. Method is designed for waves and has good low end. Element turns faster (more pivotal) but will not feel as powerful with lower bar pressure. Sizes are true so the Element is a bigger kite (flat area) but has lower projected area so power in the end should be similar. Both re-launch easy. If you like your Methods it might be good to stick with them but the Element does turn faster. Both good kites - can't go wrong either way.
Cheers! :thumb:
overhead wrote:Bill,
Like the Methods 7 & 9 m. Thinking of getting either the 13m Element or the 12m Method for wave riding. The kites are fairly close size wise, however, which one will turn the fastest? I ride in on-shore and side shore winds, where I find I need lots of drift, great low end and a quick turn. I understand that I may not be able get all of this but maybe two out of three...

overhead
Rare Poster
Local Beach: North coast cali...
Style: Waves and waves

Postby overhead » Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:20 pm

Decisions, decisions.....either yes or yes. Thanks Bill!

Laughingman
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay
Favorite Beaches: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay, Long Bay, Cayo Guillermo, La Ventana
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Gen6 Flites 10m, 12m Gen2 Roams 6m and 8m, Cloud D 4.8, 6.2, 8.0, 10.4
Xeon Laluz, Mako Wide 150, Jellyfish Custom surf board quad fin 6', LF Impulse Foil and Kanaha Shapes 37" board
Engine Harness with slider

Postby Laughingman » Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:26 pm

Hi Bill

Can you tell us the aspect ratio of the switch kite line up? If they are different from size to size then just pick the largest common size.

Nitro
Method
Combat
Element

Thanks

Peter

felixp
Frequent Poster
Gear: Switch
Brand Affiliation: Switch, Firewire

Postby felixp » Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:57 pm

Here is some info for you hope it helps.
Nothing beats getting the kite in your own two hands
Enjoy
Attachments
Switch%20Kite%20Specifications2.jpg

eree
Very Frequent Poster

Postby eree » Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:01 pm

Laughingman wrote:Hi Bill
Can you tell us the aspect ratio of the switch kite line up? If they are different from size to size then just pick the largest common size.
i think AR is not a much importance if you don't know the profile of the wing of the kite.
if different AR kites have the same low wing profile you never have good low end for the heavier riders.
so good luck if you are heavy...

Laughingman
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay
Favorite Beaches: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay, Long Bay, Cayo Guillermo, La Ventana
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Gen6 Flites 10m, 12m Gen2 Roams 6m and 8m, Cloud D 4.8, 6.2, 8.0, 10.4
Xeon Laluz, Mako Wide 150, Jellyfish Custom surf board quad fin 6', LF Impulse Foil and Kanaha Shapes 37" board
Engine Harness with slider

Postby Laughingman » Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:01 pm

Thanks Felix, very comprehensive response!

I have flown the Nitro and the Method, looking forward to trying the Element.

Return to “Reviews”