Very Frequent Poster
Style: Freeride
Gear: Epic Kites and Arise and Hyperflex
Brand Affiliation: Epic Kites and Arise
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Epic Oxygen vs Spleene Session

Postby Geronimo79 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:17 am

The advantage of the Plasma is probably also its downside. 146 and about the same wide mostelikely gives more lowend. But also makes it sluggish. (well compeared to the oxygen)

I bet both boards are great but in the end it all comes down to personal preferences. Some will prefer the extra lowend others will prefer the fun factor. Personally for true lowend i would go with some kind of skim to have my fun with that. But the Oxygen made a good impression aswell. Will probably ask for one to complete my Infinity V2.

L0KI
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: .

Re: Epic Oxygen vs Spleene Session

Postby L0KI » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:54 pm

Black Jack wrote:I've tested both boards together a number of times now and found the Plasma kills the Oxygen as far as bottom end is concerned. This was a bit of a surprise for me as I expected similar performance following the many raving reviews I've read on this and other forums.
So for me this is not what I would call a light wind board but I guess it really depends on your plane of reference and expectations.

This being said, the Oxygen board is a much nicer board to ride. It's also a lot lighter to hold, has great foot straps and comes with a set of large and small fins. The board is certainly a lot more fun to ride than the Plasma and has a far greater top end. I'm testing an OR Mako King next week so will see how this goes first before making my decision.
Not sure where you were looking at reviews.
What I've read was accurate, and matched what I've posted on this forum.
The Plasma is 11cm longer than Oxygen, is 46cm wide and is a totally square flat door.
The Oxygen planes pretty early with the 47cm width but at 135cm long, will not go as early as a door, but is much more fun for freeride/freestyle jumping and tricks.
It is lighter and easier to throw around, and is not bad heel to toe to heel in a carve.
Oxygen is lighter, shaped like a normal TT and releases off the water much easier than doors will for airtime.
It was designed to be a lightwind freestyle board for the kind of stuff Dimitri likes to do, which means jump, jump, jump.
I owned the Mako King, for me it did not go as early as the Oxygen does, felt big and heavy and was not a board for airtime. Nice for carving around in somewhat light winds.

Manuel V
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Shacks, Puerto Rico
Favorite Beaches: For Surfing:
Rocky Point, Hawaii
Colorado, Nicaragua
Indicators, Rincon, Puerto Rico

Kiteboarding:
Anegada, BVI
Shacks, PR
Style: Intermediate wave, TT hooked
Gear: 6,7 and 9 M Ozone REO V4
9M Ozone Edge V9
12M Ozone Enduro 2017
Flysurfer speed 5 9M and 11M
Jimmy Lewis 5'9" Shack
Cohete Dizer 5'10"
Shinn BronQ 133x41 2015
Shinn Foil Model F
Slingshot Tyrant 5'8" 2014
Stretch The thing 5'6" kitesurfing construction
Brand Affiliation: None
Been thanked: 0

Re: Epic Oxygen 135X47 vs Spleene Session 141

Postby Manuel V » Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:55 am

Hello guys,

I would be on the Hood River area from July 4 to the 9. :thumb:
I have a used Oxigen 2013 for sale in like new condition if any one from the area have interest please send me a Message.

Thanks!

Return to “Reviews”