Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Any comment about Zeeko Kites?

Find reviews of kites, boards and accessories
Kitesurf Vacation
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Playa del Carmen.
Favorite Beaches: Tulum, Bucerias, Nuevo Vallarta, Playa del Carmen, Progreso, Isla Blanca
Style: airstyle, oldschool
Brand Affiliation: http://www.kitesurfvacation.com
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Any comment about Zeeko Kites?

Postby Kitesurf Vacation » Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:38 am

Hi,

I m thinking to buy some Zeeko Kites, is a new brand, I haven't try them, any comments about them?

Thanks

Jaime

Geronimo79
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Freeride
Gear: Epic Kites and Arise and Hyperflex
Brand Affiliation: Epic Kites and Arise

Re: Any comment about Zeeko Kites?

Postby Geronimo79 » Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:28 am

Its not really that new anymore. Its a very good :cool2: brand actually. Where i live some dealers are active and the kites are getting popular. I dont ride em myself (work for epic kites) but have tested the kites. :D

The Notus is the allround kite, its is a delta shape . Alot of people like the kite alot its pretty fast and stable. Personally i dont like Delta shaped kites because i cant get a good feeling with them and i simply dont like much barpressure. The Notus has a reasonable barpressure. I had difficultys feeling the kite when jumping steered much further then i thought resulting in nice bellyflops. :o But the amplitude wasnt bad at all. It did miss hangtime something that i love.
Overall a good kite test it maybe you like it. Its not my ideal kite.

The Krush :thumb: on the other hand was a very nice kite. I had much better feeling with the kite it was pretty fast and stable. I liked jumping with it but not to much hangtime but therefore it is a little more freestyle kinda kite. From some Riders that have this kite i hear its good for unhooking too. And i have to say they make great jumps and loops with it. :jump:
Its definitly one of the better kites out there atm that if anyone has the chance deserves a test.

The new bar system is unique too. Í havent tested it myself but some guy on the beach explained it to me. Have to say one of the more interesting systems out there with regards to the depower system. Very good bar and CL. I did see someone with a tyrip over the CL because it released to easy but from what i heared the newer models have soved that issue (if there was any real issue to begin with)

All and all. its a great brand with good kites and brilliant R&D :thumb: . You will buy a good product and services are good to from what i've been told. The notus allround the krush a little more freestyle but it still felt like a pretty alround kite to me. You wont go wrong there.

Hope it gives you a little idea about Zeeko.
(btw the name is funny to the dutch since its almost Zeekoe which means Lamantine :rollgrin: )

Kitesurf Vacation
Rare Poster
Favorite Beaches: Tulum, Bucerias, Nuevo Vallarta, Playa del Carmen, Progreso, Isla Blanca

Postby Kitesurf Vacation » Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:47 am

Thanks a lot for your comment, I will decide wich one to buy in next days!

Saludos,

Jaime

mattthieu
Medium Poster
Local Beach: none so far
Favorite Beaches: snowy fields around !!
Style: snow kite ski for now !!
Gear: some foils, and two new LEI for this summer !
Brand Affiliation: none yet !!héhé

Postby mattthieu » Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:10 am

i own a 2012 17 notus LW and, the best relanch ever !!

it relanches even in a wind where there is not enought wind to ride, but, it relanches !!

really impressed !

not as powerfull as 17m ozone edge but , powerfull !!!!

Kitesurf Vacation
Rare Poster

Postby Kitesurf Vacation » Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:00 am

Thanks for your comments,

I bought a Notus 2012 9m and a Krush 2012 12 m, they are on the way, looking forward to use them.

kiterzk
Rare Poster
Gear: Any
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby kiterzk » Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:37 pm

I just bought a 10m and 12m 2015 notus rev from zeeko kites online which I can't wait for!! :D

Free next day delivery so should be able to get out if there's some wind about :thumb: :thumb:

Foiling next but may wait until it warms up a bit before I dragged around the beach. Anyone tried it? Are foils easy to use? I'm a freestyle rider but done some surfing... :P :P

Return to “Reviews”