All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: New bandit six series
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:30 pm 
Rare Poster

Very short review as I am knackerd and my hands are sore from a great day at Rhosniger, good winds, great waves, warm,
I promised myself never to get any other kite after using the bandit V for a full year, I love the five series bandit so much I did buy quite a few sets just in case they ruined the kite by altering the things that made it the best kite I have ever used in 12 years, the previous bandits were a mixed bag of various disappointments, which kept me faithful to Vegas kites for years after F one ruined there top of the range kites many years back,
Mark from boardworx sent me the shop 9 mtr demo kite, as he does every year, every model of bandit apart from the v series I have sent back, so when this six series arrived I bunged it in the van and left it there, convinced it would not be as good as the V series,
I even phoned Mark up and told him I did not want to dirty it as It would not be any better than the kites I already had, and it was wasted with me, he said its a demo, use it! And send it back, but try it first.
I did today, against one of my brand new Bandit five series kites
He is not getting the demo kite back.
And I ordered 4 more.

Boosts like a Vegas, IMO the best boosting kite available
Drifts even better than the bandit V
When you get pushed forward on the face of a fast wave and your moving fast without tight lines,you can pull in the bar just a little and spin the kite round without accelerating, I could not do that with the v series without the kite dropping alarmingly close to the surface,and never with a Vegas, the Vegas would just drop or accelerate so fast it pulled you off the wave
As for everything else it's as brilliant as the bandit V, still floats like before,
I know the Vegas is not that good in waves but I loved it for boosting and speed
Now I have got the lot in the new bandit,
Still say the north bar is the best for this kite, the 4 line north Trust fits perfectly without any adjustments,
Warning
The above post may contain a personal opinion

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject: Re: New bandit six series
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:48 pm 
Frequent Poster

I am with you on this new Bandit, I did not like the B3/4 but when I tried the B5 it was a totally different kite that I really liked. I finally ordered a B6 10/12/14m and I only had the chance to try my 10m so far but WOW, this is the best Bandit they have made. What a great kite, low bar pressure, great depower, fast turning, great boost and hangtime. The perfect kite for me. I tried a lot of kites in a year but this one is the one to beat. I combine it with my Flysurfer 21m and I am covered from 7-35 knots. Great setup.

Thanks for your review

Post subject: Re: New bandit six series
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:06 pm 
Medium Poster

what's your job, so that you can buy 20 kites and spend time on the water as well?
I want to do the same :-)

[ 3 posts ]