Been thanked: 0

Re: Epic kites review

Postby soul19 » Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:17 pm

Have you tried the dice?

James

Caesar
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Palm Cove, Port Douglas, Yorkeys Knob
Gear: Not telling unless I'm getting paid.
Brand Affiliation: Nothing...

Postby Caesar » Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:31 pm

soul19 wrote:Have you tried the dice?

James
Hi James,

No, I haven't tested the Dice (yet). I prefer slow moving kites and the Dice seems to be much faster than the Fuse and doesn't have the same lift and hangtime. I'm only into jumping, no wave kiting...

Cheers
Caesar 8)

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES
Has thanked: 0

Postby Dimitri M » Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:33 pm

No, I haven't tested the Dice (yet). I prefer slow moving kites and the Dice seems to be much faster than the Fuse and doesn't have the same lift and hangtime. I'm only into jumping, no wave kiting...
Cheers
Caesar 8)
I am sorry Caesar but in case you did not know if you are into jumping like you said on your post above, you will need a fast moving kite, so you can create lift by moving it fast to the edge of the window and redirect it as fast as possible using one or two hands depending what you are doing up in the air.
This is one of the reason why the SCREAMER model is well know for the huge hang time and lift. And this is due to their profile and also because of the way they move fast through the window. So in few words, a fast moving kite is very crucial to have on a kite if you are looking to get some lift. But if you are into wake style then you will need a slow moving kite.

Caesar
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Palm Cove, Port Douglas, Yorkeys Knob
Gear: Not telling unless I'm getting paid.
Brand Affiliation: Nothing...

Postby Caesar » Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:02 am

Dimitri M wrote:
Cheers
Caesar 8)
I am sorry Caesar but in case you did not know if you are into jumping like you said on your post above, you will need a fast moving kite, so you can create lift by moving it fast to the edge of the window and redirect it as fast as possible using one or two hands depending what you are doing up in the air.
This is one of the reason why the SCREAMER model is well know for the huge hang time and lift. And this is due to their profile and also because of the way they move fast through the window. So in few words, a fast moving kite is very crucial to have on a kite if you are looking to get some lift. But if you are into wake style then you will need a slow moving kite.
I'm sorry Dimitri but if you do hands-off tricks with a mirco-hook/-loop, you don't want a fast moving kite. You want a stable kite in such situations or you quickly have to abandon your trick and get your hands onto the bar again to readjust the kite or you will be stuffed (eg. a dead man to which I'm still waiting for the promised clip from you where you stated that you are able to do that with your stopper [that's just for my interest to be able to learn that too with a stopper ball]).
The Fuse is perfect for such tricks.
I agree that a fast moving kite gets you up quickly and fast (and *maybe* a bit higher) but you can compensate that if you know your kite and pull hard (without over-steering).
As you know I had the 10m and 9m Screamers and *for me* the Fuse is superior and gets me higher and longer in the air.
But there is also a difference if you have lots of wind, have a relatively big kite and are overpowered. That's me with winds of around 25 knots. I'm then kiting the 12m Fuse (my weight is 70Kg). Just pulling the bar hard and fast and up it goes...

Cheers
Caesar 8)

soul19
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Prov
Favorite Beaches: Prov
little current
westbay
Style: try not to drown style
Gear: Whatever I own at the time....
Brand Affiliation: hook a brother up!!!
Been thanked: 0

Postby soul19 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:00 am

I definitely notice a difference between the Judge and the screamer for the speed of the kite. The Judge is such a solid, stable kite with the screamer being much more nimble. The part that I really like about them is that I am happy on either one (maybe it is that the 10m Ltd has elements of the Judge in it :wink: )

James

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES

Postby Dimitri M » Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:02 am

Yes the SCREAMER 10 LTD has a mix of Judge, Renegade and few other ideas put together. Also you will see that the JUDGE 8 is not a fast kite for its size. And you will see that the SCREAMER 10 ltd might be as fast as the JUDGE 8 and that is because the SCREAMER was designed to go B I G.

Return to “Reviews”