Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Kite-surfing

Find reviews of kites, boards and accessories
gdeklerk
Rare Poster
Local Beach: None (living inland, so nearest dam 2 hours drive)
Favorite Beaches: Langebaan, Sunset Beach
Gear: 7m Airrush Flow
10m and 14m Airrush Vapor 2
9m Slingshot RPM
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Kite-surfing

Postby gdeklerk » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:20 am

Message Removed.
Last edited by gdeklerk on Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.

KitesurfingCapeTown
Rare Poster

Re: Kite-surfing splendor with KiteKahunas in Cape Town

Postby KitesurfingCapeTown » Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:02 am

Thank you Gavin, this is really great feedback to the Team of Kitekahunas.
We really appreciate that you had a good kiteboarding course with us, good learning results and progress in your kitesurfing skills, and also a good time.
Here at Kitekahunas we always strive to do our best.

Very rarely Customers with a positive experience go through the effort to write about it in public, so we are really grateful for it!

The Team of KITEKAHUNAS - Advanced Kitebarding School
In Cape Town, South Africa

UnhappyDirk
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Sunset Beach Cape Town South Africa
Favorite Beaches: Langebaan, shark bay
Style: Novise
Gear: Slingshot

Postby UnhappyDirk » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:21 pm

Do NOT book a kite surf course at Kitekahunas!!

I am very surprised by above review. Actually all info in this review seems to me to be FAKE!

I have recent first hand experience with the so called kite surf 'school' Kitekahunas. A lot of money wasted and spoiled my vacation for a large part....

This German 'school' offers very little value for money once you have booked and paid....
On no wind days or when they decide it is not good wind, you don't surf and still pay in full.
Location 'school' sounds great, but is not that practical: to learn kite surfing you need to drive to Langebaan (3 hours back and forth), the beach next door is not suited for the A or B course. Last but not least, the owner Wolf is a difficult person to like (I am being nice) ... and trust. No atmosphere or passion to be found there.

Book your course somewhere else !! NOT AT KITEKAHUNAS Really
Last edited by UnhappyDirk on Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hugh2
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2005
Weight: 180lb/82kg
Local Beach: Clinton Lake in East-Central Illinois
Favorite Beaches: Cape Hatteras and Cape Town (also sailing around the world, this season crossed the South Pacific)
Style: freeride
Gear: Cabrinha Nomad 5.5, Naish Pivot 6, 7, 9, 10 and 11, Duotone Dice 12
Long Ocean 136, Eleveight Master C+ 136, Naish Global 6'0", RB Sixty 3 Matador 5' 8", Slingshot Hoverglide H5 foil and Alien Air 4' 6" and Converter boards

Postby Hugh2 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:07 am

Yes, something fishy here. Firstly, there is no way a beginner can handle a 9m kite in 35 knots. That is territory for Andries Fourie. I've been kiting for 8 years and I go down to a 6m when it maxs out at that wind strength in Cape Town. Second, as noted above, the beach at Sunset Beach is not suitable for learning, as the SEaster is slightly offshore and very gusty there. Fine if you are experienced, a recipe for disaster when learning.

GregWoj
Medium Poster
Gear: none

Re: Kite-surfing

Postby GregWoj » Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:50 pm

If you want to learn, check out 15knots in San Juan, Puerto Rico. Such an awesome experience for beginners. Great location, right next to the airport. Even IF the conditions are not ideal at the main location (and I mean, lets say they are 3 kts too strong or 15 degrees in the wrong onshore direction) they will take you to a perfect spot no more than 30/45 min drive. They will drive you... you don't need to pay for that! if you want to see some pics of the spots I learned with them, just PM me and I will send some.

They use new gear to learn on and communicate perfectly. They really know what they are doing and go out of there way to make it a great experience for you!

www.15knots.com as for Felix or Juan Fernando.

There are plenty of great schools like this all over the world for sure. I am just commenting on my personal experience I had because I was selective. And you should be... you are about to drop $500+ on two days of lessons.

Return to “Reviews”