HanaKite
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Spain
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Blankforce boards ?

Postby HanaKite » Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:30 am

Hello there, do you have any information regarding the new brand Blankforce? I have seen some Blankforce boards several times now and wonder If I should buy one.

http://www.blankforce.com/2010/?page_id=1573

I know that Blankforce don't care about branding and marketing, but they are looking quite cool, especially the Carbon Advisory....

But Blankforce Boards are also cheep and I'm afraid that thy broke easily! What do you think? I'm not convinced.

THANKS FOR YR HELP!!!!!!!!!1

alunj
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Local Beach: Andulucia
Favorite Beaches: Viana , Fresh West, Le Morne
Style: Wave
Gear: Duotone, JP custom

Re: BLANKFORCE.com boards ??

Postby alunj » Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:58 am

I have met Daniel, they guy behind Blankforce and the boards are a passion for him.
I have not yet met any one who has tried them who did not like them. I have tried the door and the carbon both really nice, soak up chop and feel very comfortable. Generally they rock up wind (esp the door) , Im not a freestyler so am not qualified to comment on pop etc but mates who do are very impressed. There are more threads over in the uk forum including reviews etc .

si-fly
Rare Poster

Re: Blankforce boards ?

Postby si-fly » Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:07 am

I have also been looking for info, but not found much! Blast kiteboarding have a bit of info.
I am waiting for a demo to be available, and have only read good things so far, but not having tried many new boards i wont really be able to tell you how it compares.

I would be interested to know the weights of the boards, as I am used to a light board, so if anyone could weigh the "Ballistic M" board that would be great.

Cheers,
Si.

eree
Very Frequent Poster

Postby eree » Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:06 pm

well, another brand for sheep-weight riders :) ...

how about sizes bigger then 133 and not being the door? there are plenty of us using 137 as smallest board!

windsuks
Very Frequent Poster
Style: surf/old school
Gear: Airush/North/Ozone/RRD

Postby windsuks » Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:20 pm

Hi,

we have been selling the Blankforce Boards here in the UK and they have rapidly gained an amazing number of stoked owners over a realtivly short time.
This has been done simply by word of mouth, no advertising, no big name riders, no gimics.

Blankforce do not believe in Long boards, there is more too it than just the length, see more here......
http://www.blankforce.com/2010/?page_id=842

The Ballistic and the Advisory Carbon have been the biggest sellers although the Logic is now gaining more & more lovers.
They all offer the same fundamental quality.....unbelievably smooth ride, even in the worst chop!
Then add the awesome pop, upwind drive and finally the price and it's no wonder they have proven so popular both herein the UK, France and across Europe.
Ballistic
http://www.blastkiteboarding.co.uk/inde ... ductId=116
Advisroy Carbon
http://www.blastkiteboarding.co.uk/inde ... ductId=114
ps I'll try to weigh the Ballistic and post here.

windsuks
Very Frequent Poster

Postby windsuks » Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:56 pm

Oops just noticed original post asked about breakages.
So far we have had zero returns and any minor issues have been immediately sorted by Blankforce, far quicker in my experience than most of the big brands who can take ages just for a reply. :evil:

HanaKite
Rare Poster

Postby HanaKite » Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:58 am

Hi eree, I see you are back to the trend 'Long'-Boards... I remember that around 5 years ago we had have the same trend. Then boards were getting shorter and larger...

I prefer to ride a shorter board, because I like to do switch tricks and the board reacts more direct! It's like sk8-boarding on the water. 'Long'-Boards are a no go for advanced riders!! It's like surfing a long board or a little shorty.... I'm not that advanced, but I want to be :thumb:

Yeah si-fly1, the Blankforce Ballistic 132×41.5 seems nice as well. I know that the Ballistic is 100 % carbon (as the Advisory Carbon), I don't think that you can get a better deal for your weight issue.

windsuks thanks sharing your expirience. One more question, what is the difference between Ballistic and the Advisory Carbon????
Any clue?

windsuks
Very Frequent Poster

Postby windsuks » Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:53 am

Hi HanaKite,

The Ballistic is the kind of advanced board for most riders,freestyle, freeride, even though it's full carbon it still has a nice flex(not soft though) and is super smooth even in the worst chop.

The Advisory Carbon is the all out high end Freestyle board, a bit stiffer than the Ballistic, but offering huge pop and both are obviuosly super light too.There is no handle on the Advisory as it is pretty much a high end coompetition board.

As Blankforce say, you don't have a handle on your surfboard,skateboard,snowboard so why on your kiteboard.

windsuks
Very Frequent Poster

Postby windsuks » Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:15 pm

Not got digital scales but it's slightly under 3.5kilos inc. fittings (approx) what ever it is, it's light! :D

HanaKite
Rare Poster

Postby HanaKite » Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:38 am

Hey windsuks, thanks for your feedback. Well, I have chosen that one:

'The Ballistic is the kind of advanced board for most riders,freestyle, freeride, even though it's full carbon it still has a nice flex(not soft though) and is super smooth even in the worst chop.'

http://www.blankforce.com/2010/?page_id=1311

And the 3DX absorption technology sounds interesting... I have no Blankforce shop around :( , therefore I just used the Online Shop on the Blankforce.com site.Let's see if this was a good idea... But anyhow, Blankforce confirmed me that my board will arrive before the week-end. Just perfect because they announced good conditions for Saturday evening.... :rollgrin:

I'll keep you in the loop.

Return to “Reviews”