Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Ocean Rodeo Flight 10m

Find reviews of kites, boards and accessories
Partydk
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2013
Weight: 74kg
Local Beach: Sweden - Malmö, Lomma(Habo Ljung)
Denmark - Lynæs
Favorite Beaches: Sweden - Malmö, Lomma(Habo Ljung)
- Väg 100
- LA (Lundåkra)

Denmark - Lynæs
Style: Jumps and freestyle,
Gear: Eleveight RS - XS Series
North Reach and Orbit series
Boards - Eleveight Master C+
- North Atmos Carbon
- Lieuwe Shotgun
Brand Affiliation: Eleveight, North Kiteboarding, Mystic, Ride engine.mm
Has thanked: 0

Re: Ocean Rodeo Flight 10m

Postby Partydk » Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:36 pm

Thanks for this review.!

Best Regards
Kent Ellegaard
Kite - kitesurfing udstyr
Last edited by Partydk on Tue May 10, 2016 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

flyingcamel
Medium Poster
Local Beach: sandy hook
Style: all rounder
Gear: gin zulu3 13m, 9m
ocean rodeo flite gen 3 17m, 12m, 10m
flite gen 4 14.5
OR razor gen 6 12m, 10m
flysurfer peak1 9m, peak2 6m
cabrina stylus 165
slingshot dialer
slingshot alien air MHL Lift hydrofoil
cabrinha ace 139
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Postby flyingcamel » Sat Apr 23, 2016 3:33 am

having a 10m be able to stay up during a 6kt lul has made it great for foiling for me. also good for going downwind in marginal conditions without stalling. its replaced my 12 and 17 flites except for if its low tide, or big waves. 10 kts low end foil and 26 with 30kt gusts seems to be my top end on a tt

ORSales
Very Frequent Poster

Postby ORSales » Wed May 11, 2016 12:05 am

Landog69 wrote:I recently tested a 10m Ocean Rodeo Flight, and wanted to drop a quick review on here. This kite is designed for light wind and i can definitely see how effective it would in the larger sizes in light winds. The first time I tested the 10m Flight, I had been riding my 14m North Rebel a few minutes before (to give you a sense of the wind strength that day)and I should have been hugely under-powered but was just able to get a up and ride on the 10m.

The 10m version was very quick, quicker than most smaller kites I have tested, but didnt sacrifice on stability in anyway. It also has a very nice pull on it and it feels like there is a sweet pocket which once I figured out was very fun to play with and i'd imagine in the larger kites would allow you to park and ride very nicely. The construction is light as weight obviously plays a part in lighter winds but still fairly durable.

I didnt get to test a larger version of this but would imagine that it would open up days when everyone else is standing on the beach. The description of this kite on Ocean Rodeo's site unbelievable accurate, and when i reviewed after testing it made complete sense to me. Great kite and definitely worth having one of these in your quiver!!
Awesome review. Thanks! Glad you like the kite, we're excited to see the momentum the Flite is building! Glad you liked the write up on the site too, I really struggle with those as I try to be as straight up as I can be in how our gear works. I hate BS writes ups, far rather talk about what the gear was designed for and identify what it was not designed for so consumers can make an informed choice between our options.
Jwoo wrote:I do have an older OR bar. It's not the single line safety. I heard OR was coming out with a single line bar but didn't know they had it on the market yet. I'll check it out :)
New Control Bar is a great addition to the line up!
Whattheflock wrote:I just bought a 2015 12m flite coming from a 2011 11m Cab. Xbow. Very nice kites so far.
Welcome to the brand! Love seeing this momentum... get your buddies to come over too! Ha.

Return to “Reviews”