Local Beach: Lake Champlain
Favorite Beaches: Magdalen Island , Baja
Style: freeride
Gear: Ozone , North
Brand Affiliation: None
Been thanked: 0

Re: 2017 north mono 15 meters

Postby early bird2 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:19 pm

sonny 2727 , I think it all depends of your lines length and kites sizes . I have switched to the North click bar now and adjusted to the high Y the 15 behave much better , feels less spongy . Even the 12 flies better . From 20 meters lines and shorter , I don't feel that big a difference for the Neo 12 meters but still prefer the high Y .
I never thought I would have liked the click bar but now I don't even want to use my Ozone's ones . I'm gonna order another one .Very clean and , no depower lines flapping around , no more twists on the front lines plus a whole lot of adjustments .I don't have to think about which knots should I adjust the back lines anymore .
Finally : in my opinion , Neos 10 meters kites and smallers on short lines , high Y is not so important .

ciscokitesurfer
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Altona
Favorite Beaches: Pacasmayo
Style: wave, cruise
Gear: Neo
Has thanked: 0

Postby ciscokitesurfer » Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:26 pm

is a lot better to fly all North kites with a north bar high Y. In regards the line length is about preference. If I am kiting where the wind has a few dead zone i would use 27 meter lines. 15 meter lines to close to the water. Currently using 20 meters but I prefer 23 meters. cheers

early bird2
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Lake Champlain
Favorite Beaches: Magdalen Island , Baja
Style: freeride
Gear: Ozone , North
Been thanked: 0

Postby early bird2 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:24 am

Cisco , only a thought : the recommended Y height on my click bar for 24 meters lines is the lowest adjustment which is 6 meters from the bar or 18 meters from the kite , so if I use 18 meters lines the Y is then at the bar height , hence my idea that on short lines the regular bar low V or high Y does not matter . The pinching on the kite would remain the same ?
What amaze me is the pro on the circuit who use 15 meters lines on high AR kite , especially over 15 meters . The pinching effect must be high . Especially that the kites don't rely on tubes to keep their shapes ....

Return to “Reviews”