Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

What to look when buying a second kite for your set?

Find reviews of kites, boards and accessories
jm14
Rare Poster
Gear: f-one - Manera
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

What to look when buying a second kite for your set?

Postby jm14 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:57 pm

Hi,

I have a F-one Bandit 12m (2015)+monolith bar that allows me to kite from 10 to 20 kts approx. Lately there has been amazing good days with 20-30 kts in which I could not go out because I was not comfortable enough to kite with a 12m.
I will like to buy a smaller kite (9m) for these days and I would appreciate some advise:

1- Which kite do you recommend me to look at if I am looking for a good overall performance kite?

2-Even though I am very happy with the Fone, I will like to try a different brand for the smaller kite to see how it feels. Would it be possible to do that with the bar I have (fone monolith bar)? In other words, Is there a kite from a different brand that will go good with the monolith bar?

Thanks in advance for your input!

direnc
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2009
Local Beach: Alacati, Pirlanta, Ilica
Style: Freeride
Gear: Cult 7.5
Soul 10
Ride 10
Kestrel 12
Gin Spirit 15
Edge 8/9/11
Ten Velox 11
Zephyr
Mako 150, DIY foils and boards

Re: What to look when buying a second kite for your set?

Postby direnc » Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:57 pm

Hi the 9m Bandit is a sweet kite. My wife rides it all the time, and I do too when the wind picks up. As for trying another brand, the bandit bar has a higher Y split. So not all kites may work well with that. Also you'll definitely need some pigtails to reverse loops/knots. Another brand that has a high Y is Core, and you may enjoy their Core XR4 9m. A friend has the XR4, and I find it more pleasant than the Bandit. Super easy to jump with longer hang time and better top end.

PusherII
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: ostia beach
Favorite Beaches: El Portillo, Las Terranas
Style: Free Ride
Gear: Core XR5

Re: What to look when buying a second kite for your set?

Postby PusherII » Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:58 am

Even if Is an old post maybeb somebody Will find good infos.
I owned bandit and Xr5. Totally different kites, as bandit Is a truly All around and Xr5 Is a badass kite to Cruise fast and Jump to the Moon. Bandit more funny but Need more experience than a beginning kiter.
Bar on 12m Is probably monolith 52 cm. On a 9 ideally u should use 45cm monolith.
Not sure but bandit v Is not so high as core. For sure core and duotone are very similar

Return to “Reviews”