Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Switch Element 6 (brand new)

Find reviews of kites, boards and accessories
flying piranha
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Sunset, Belmont, Seal, Mokes, Kailua, Laie
Favorite Beaches: all of the above
Style: Freestyle - big air
Gear: Switch Nitro, Skywalker 135, LWD 127, LWD DV8, Switch 135, .....
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Switch Element 6 (brand new)

Postby flying piranha » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:39 pm

Brand NEW — fresh from the factory — the new and exciting Swithckites Element 6.
Arrived Saturday in La Ventana — just in time to see the wind die — so Sunday was the day
went up the road to the Hot Springs launch as the wind kicks in earlier :-)
rigged the Element 6 - 8m as well as the e6 12m and my trusty 14m Nitro 6
Time to ride — first the Nitro6 — as it’s been a couple of weeks due to SOCal winter. But now wind is building so its time to take the new Elements for s spin.
Since the 8m already has the 20m lines attached I’ll take it out and WOW — so much power for such a small kite. It’s super fast, but does not feel twitchy or nervous — just responsive ;-)
And it goes upwind like a charm. Just to help put this in perspective not guys were riding 12m kites and I an 200+ lb So being able to even jump this little guy was amazing.
Not too much swell to be had in LV — but the ones I snatched were fun too still can enjoy the drift you may have learned to appreciate from the Element 5.
Now its time to get serious and take out the 12m — attached the 23m lines on the new Controller4 and we are of to the running.
So now with a couple of pounds disadvantage when compared to most of the guys out there on 12m kites riding a 135 twintip.
but I am faster, can go further up upwind and still have super nice, high lofty jumps. The kite a very responsive — maybe the e7 will be able to read my mind — who knows ;-)
Upwind: Check
Looping: Check
Jumping: Check (high) and Check (floating flight and landing)
I have been a hard core Nitro Guy but I may fall in love with this Element 6 :-) 12m — I’ll keep you posted --
BTW will be at the hot springs tomorrow in case you would like to try it 😀😉😍
#SwitchKites #Nitro6 #Element6 - disclaimer: I have been riding Switch for many year as I believe they are making an important contribution to the sport we love by bringing solid kites are ver affordable prices to the market.
I am not paid by Switch. I did not pay for the kites as I will actually leave them in LV for some guys that stay here the rest of the season when I leave.

fluidity
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2015
Weight: 115kg
Local Beach: Ngati Toa, Plimmerton, Titahi Bay, Waikanae, Petone, Seatoun, Lyall Bay, Eastbourne, Lake Wairarapa
Favorite Beaches: Plimmerton
Style: Wave, jump
Gear: Transitioned from Kiting to Wingsurfing late 2019. Building my own foils from my CAD designs and 3D prints, CNC machine.
Brand Affiliation: Designer of hydrofoils and many other things.

Re: Switch Element 6 (brand new)

Postby fluidity » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:14 am

Piranha, with a review like that, I'd love to hear the other side, what all those on bigger kites thought about hefty you zipping around on a little kite that combined speed(not much draft) with power(lots of draft).
It doesn't seem very credible to me.

Return to “Reviews”