Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Seamax electric pump review... I love it

Find reviews of kites, boards and accessories
Peert
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Kijkduin, IJmuiden, Schellinkhout, Wijk aan Zee, Marina, Mirns.
Style: Freeride
Gear: Best Roca 4m, Naish Boxer 6 and 9m, GA Pure 8m Naish Trip 10m, Gong strutless 11m Modded Waroo 14m.
Mako 135x38 Mako 140x40 & Mako King 165x45, Crazyfly Bulldozer, T40 Moses Vorace Hydrofoil + Gong Wings
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Seamax electric pump review... I love it

Postby Peert » Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:15 pm

Laughingman wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:21 am
Peert wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:55 pm
A very nice solution for something that is not a problem.... added to that you have forgotten some cons:
1. It costs 200$
2. It takes up space in car and house/garage
3. You need to put in the time/effort to charge it
4. Footprint (I try to resist buying stuff the world and I can do without).
5. Yet another item that can be stolen at the spot
I always find it amusing that the cheap people( and self proclaimed warmeruppers) will make excuses why they don’t, and therefore you don’t need/want something.
Here’s an idea, this is a review of an electric pump, if you have experience or something to add that is pertinent to the topic then please speak up, if not stfu and start your own thread of why you like pumping like a <fill in the blank.>
Adding to a list of pros an cons of a topic summing up pros and cons is off topic?

Your defensive response does not surprise me. Quite normal for people to respond like that when you question their hedonistic consumerism. To be clear... I am also guilty. I guess it is just human psychology to want things... Don't take it too personal. What is wrong with triggering others to put pros and cons for others & planet in the equation when buying stuff?
From your agressive (stfu) and defensive response I gather that it at least triggered you to feel a bit bad about yourself wanting stuff like this... ;-)
Enjoy your surfing/boarding environment.;-)

Laughingman
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay
Favorite Beaches: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay, Long Bay, Cayo Guillermo, La Ventana
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Gen6 Flites 10m, 12m Gen2 Roams 6m and 8m, Cloud D 4.8, 6.2, 8.0, 10.4
Xeon Laluz, Mako Wide 150, Jellyfish Custom surf board quad fin 6', LF Impulse Foil and Kanaha Shapes 37" board
Engine Harness with slider

Postby Laughingman » Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:09 pm

Peert wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:15 pm

Adding to a list of pros an cons of a topic summing up pros and cons is off topic?
Yah that's what I said. Your cons are not nonsensical and irrelevant to the OP's topic.

Greenturtle
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Presque Isle, Erie PA
Favorite Beaches: Bahamian Cays
Gear: Edge 19, Flite 17, 14.5, 12, 10, 8, Cloud 13.4, 10.4, 8, 6.2, 3.7
Tons of boards for water, land, and snow
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Greenturtle » Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:24 am

Could we get size and weight measurements please?
as there are none on website.

For river rafting I use a cheapy 12v (car power port plug) inflator for the initial fill, its pretty fast, then top off with manual pump for pressure. Ive thought I could do the same with kite, but must be right next to vehicle so not too practical, plus kites require way less air anyway.

The seamax item with battery power seems cool for the portability and providing full pressure (barely).

But yeah, wondering about weight and size

Sure its no big deal to pump manually, but when you use your arms and back all the time to make a living (ie really dont need that type of exercise) , then this would be nice.

Laughingman
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay
Favorite Beaches: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay, Long Bay, Cayo Guillermo, La Ventana
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Gen6 Flites 10m, 12m Gen2 Roams 6m and 8m, Cloud D 4.8, 6.2, 8.0, 10.4
Xeon Laluz, Mako Wide 150, Jellyfish Custom surf board quad fin 6', LF Impulse Foil and Kanaha Shapes 37" board
Engine Harness with slider

Postby Laughingman » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:05 pm

I have the same pump but without the build in battery. I use a lipo battery to reduce the weight. So the pump (without the build in battery) it's self is about 8" wide x 5" deep x 12" high, I would say the one with the battery built in is maybe 16' tall.
The pump alone weigh about 5lbs and my lipo battery is less then a lb. The SLA battery that comes with the built in unit will weigh about 7lbs so 13lbs total

Dave_5280
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1997
Weight: 78 kg
Favorite Beaches: Kanaha Beach Park, Maui, Hawaii, U.S.
Style: Freeride
Gear: Switchblades, Contras, CF Raptor TT. Ozone Frenzy foil kites with skis. Fixed bridle foil kites on handles with MBS landboard. Progression Sports videos.

Postby Dave_5280 » Mon May 13, 2019 1:33 pm

I was considering the new Bravo 20-2 for about $300, but held off considering the weight at 10 pounds and the airlines starting to require removal of batteries from some items like smart bags. I still like the idea - just not sure of traveling with one.

Return to “Reviews”