Find reviews of kites, boards and accessories
shunter
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Review of Addiction kite boards in Perth

Postby shunter » Mon Apr 14, 2003 8:17 am

Hi local kite surfers in Perth West OZ the following is a quick review on a local kite board addiction with an unique construction. The boards are made by Peter Gold and we have been trading ideas on board building for the last couple of years. Peter is now producing these boards to sell and I managed to have a ride on one of his latest creations.

Shape
140*38*1.2 tray style board with 30 degree flip tips no release edge. The bottom has a subtle concave, slightly rounded rails.

Construction
This is where it gets interesting the boards are made out of solid laminated light weight timber strip cores. The boards are constructed using traditional vacuum bagged epoxy techniques. The timber is light weight with a density of around 250 kgs/m3. These boards are very strong and it will take a lot of effort to break one.

Ride
The boards ride very nice. Quick planing due to the concave. The tin profile of the board (12mm) allows very good edge hold. The flip tips are fantastic, landing jumps with a bit too much front foot and the nose pops up no problems, we tend to get a short sharp chop at some of our local spots and the flip tips help here as well. The board has a nice amount of flex in the tips and is quite stiff thru the middle.

Price
I think Peter is selling these boards for about 800 dollars (Australian) So if anyone is after a locally produced low cost, great ridding alternative to the mass production boards these are it. We have very few local board builders over here building boards for the local conditions.

Cheers Shane

Ps for the non believers. I have no commercial interest in these boards

Postby Guest » Mon Apr 14, 2003 9:17 am

Hi Shane, Thanks for that low down, I too have been following the development of these boards as they look tha absolute business and you wouldnt be able to tell the difference between one of Pete's and a production board from the pix at least. Good luck to Peter with these, i'm sure they will be great boards. and tough too.

F12-Flyer
Frequent Poster

Postby F12-Flyer » Mon Apr 14, 2003 12:33 pm

Im interested to where are these pics or a website.

thanks
Rod

EdDy_DiFfUsIvItY
Very Frequent Poster

Postby EdDy_DiFfUsIvItY » Mon Apr 14, 2003 1:27 pm

these boards rock big time! havent riden one but been looin em up for a while, even copied one with pete's help but i wouldnt advise it if you aint a time served carpenter / laminator. its alot of work.

wood guys will love the board, the weight is amazing and the strenth unsurmounted in my very humble opinion.

to quote a guy i met in teneriffe - sorry sasha! if god meant us to build glass boards, he would have created Fiber trees.

Good luck and all the best.

Postby Guest » Tue Apr 15, 2003 10:04 am

Thanks guys for the comments and well wishes, I am rapidly throwing together a web site and I will post again when up.

Cheers
Peter Gold

ADDICTION KITE BOARDS

Postby Guest » Thu Apr 17, 2003 12:30 pm

To all kiters in Perth, if you would like to ride one of Peters creations contact me ROB BROWN aka BROWNEEE ask shane or Jon @ SOS and even Peter him self how to get in contact with me. I have the 140 that shane mentioned above.....I can only echo shanes coments...it rides like butter, nice and soft. When you want to hold down some edge its like a razor....Foot placement is soooo comfortable it seams just right.....Theres a nice little handle that begs you to just have a go and grab it....I've had my 16m out with this board and it just rocks...Boosting is fun and landing well you have to majorly f*** it up to come off looking bad, the tips just drive the board back out of the water...Riding switch works well, with the abilty to fly up wind.....This particular model i,ve been riding know for a couple of weeks, i think Peter has got it just right...I am now jut waiting for my next two sizes...150cm...160cm...the 160 should be great in really lite wind at Pt Walter......

Anyway guys lets get behind Peter he's a pioneer in WA and has set the standard pretty high, he's only gona get better..you can't beat the product or the price....who wants to pay those overseas prices....

:thumb:

EdDy_DiFfUsIvItY
Very Frequent Poster

Postby EdDy_DiFfUsIvItY » Thu Apr 17, 2003 12:36 pm

Hi Peter,

Great to see this happening. Best wishes and good luck mate.

Ron.

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Thu Apr 17, 2003 12:38 pm

I moved this topic to the Review forum, thx for it!

But you can still see it and post in the main forum!

Toby

BROWNEEE
Frequent Poster

i do belong to this group

Postby BROWNEEE » Thu Apr 17, 2003 12:39 pm

sorry i forgot to log in email me if you want to find out i'll be riding to get a ride on peters ADDICTION KITE BOARDs

ramasan
Medium Poster

Postby ramasan » Thu Apr 17, 2003 8:06 pm

PIX PLEASE!

Return to “Reviews”