All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 6 posts ] 

did you lose your board
Never 82%  82%  [ 75 ]
1 time only 14%  14%  [ 13 ]
2 times 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
> 2 times 3%  3%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 92
 Post subject: how many boards did you lost?
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2003 4:16 pm 
Rare Poster

Lost 169 LW 2002 on 3rd Ave Yesterday. Searched low tide in the morning downwind -- no result. Or could current be opposite to the wind?

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2003 4:37 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Mikito, hope you find your board.
Just an idea, throw a bright (orange, yellow) bouey float into the water during near the place and same conditions to see where it ends up.

Made me think of doing that just before a session, lets you know where to look in advance.

I never lost a board, but I lost a KITE !, 2 years ago a squall clocked around as I was heading to shore, my leash broke and it blew off shore and eventually sank, (soft kite, foil).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2003 9:58 pm 
Frequent Poster

LOst my board once..the dayummmmm leash snapped + I floated away.. since then i have changed to the Reel leash system....yayhh yayhh, i know, never use a Board leash...i hope to NOT use one someday, but till i improve..it saves time as to recovering + getting back up without spending time (+ energy) recovering the board.. I do use a helmet + vest.. (as well as kite leash) :bye:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2003 2:37 am 
Very Frequent Poster

I've nearly lost my board on many occasions... and have spent up to half an hour looking for it.

Post subject: Board luck
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 3:00 pm 
Rare Poster

Last year we were in a group kiting out in Key Biscayne, Miami.
As I was hauling ass over the best flat water down here I totally wiped out. Great crash!!
But as I got drug downwind through a channel, ended up inthe shallows and relaunched my kite. By that time I had the interest ofa few sharkes and some seriuos size rays around me. I didnt want to body drag out in those murky waters, and I couldn't see my board Nowhere. After a while 30+ min, my friends showed up on the jetboat. Was it good to see them and no more big shadows.... Board gone,we looked everywhere and nothing 2 be seen.
Two days later I get a phone call from some dude .
I found your board lying on the rocks by the lighthouse, sure enough he called my phone number on the board. A day later 50 bucks and a car ride to South Miami, and I had My Underground 132 back, Scratched but I one piece !!.

Learning from that experience when I did the Bahacrossing last week, I decided to take one of those REEL leaches. And sure enough it workeD !
Way out there, the boat may not be that close to you, but three time that i did wipe out the leash gently pulled the board back to me.
COOL

Kite Safe

Eric

http://public.fotki.com/EricKite/bahama_crossing/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 6:34 pm 
Frequent Poster

This season I have replaced more than a half dozen boards for customers who have lost their's.

Order BRIGHT colored boards and, put your name, e-mail address, and phone number on it in case it's found.

A "Reward if Found" note on your board certainly would not hurt either ;)

Lee
http://www.roguewaveboards.com

[ 6 posts ]